Changing Time Stamp? >

Changing Time Stamp?

Community
Notices

Changing Time Stamp?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:25 PM
FitDay Member

Question Changing Time Stamp?

I just posted my first thread, and the time stamp on my computer says I posted @ 7:15am or so, but it's only 12:25am now... Is there a way that I can change my time stamp? I'm not sure if it is only on my end, or if everyone sees the same time I do.

And how do you create a tag line? Are there any rules about content or lenght?

Last edited by 4.a.healthier.me; 07-06-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Another question.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 4.a.healthier.me
I just posted my first thread, and the time stamp on my computer says I posted @ 7:15am or so, but it's only 12:25am now... Is there a way that I can change my time stamp? I'm not sure if it is only on my end, or if everyone sees the same time I do.

And how do you create a tag line? Are there any rules about content or lenght?

Check the tab at the top of the page called "user CP" I think somewhere in the profile section you can tell FD what your time zone is, that should give you the correct time. You should also be able to add a tag line.

The only hard and fast rule on FD is no advertising, typically referred to as SPAM. So don't add links to your messages or taglines that send the reader to sites where products, or competing websites are featured. However, adding a link to some informative article or data source is perfectly acceptable.

Basically you want to keep your messages on topic and relatively brief, but again that is totally flexible. Sometimes a long, detailed message is necessary to explain a situation or ask a question. I think if you just do some scanning through the threads and topics you get the general idea. Personally, really long messages (unless they are directly related to a topic I am interested in) tend to get skipped or scanned.

You can also send a "private message" via email to someone that you would like to talk to directly w/o posting it in public.

I hope that helps
Old 07-07-2012, 03:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Oh and one more hint

The message box times out after several minutes, meaning that it closes. When this happens, everything you have written goes to electron heaven. It can be extemely annoying. To get around that problem you can compose your message in note pad and paste it into the message box, or do what I do which is to copy (ctrl C on a PC) into the clipboard. If the message box times out, you can start all over, but just paste your message into a new box (ctrl V).
Old 07-07-2012, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks Pam

Thanks for the help. I have a friend who uses this site, but it must be an older program as it looks nothing like this. How long ago did this one come out, and is there a way for her to transfer all of her previous entries, or will she just have to start a new profile?
Old 07-07-2012, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Another time question

I live in Arizona, and we don't use DST. Is there a setting for this situation, or do I have to go in and change my zone by hand when DST starts or stops? I didn't see a notation for AZ, so I'm assuming that I will have to override the system a few times a year.