Notices

Hi from Austin, Texas!

Old 06-25-2012, 06:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Hi from Austin, Texas!

Hey Y'all (yes, we really say that! :-)

This is my first trip down the fitday road, but I've been involved in dieting and the weight loss industry forever. Recently I did hypnotic gastric lapband and it's helped me a lot. However, now I find myself needing to be more accountable on what I'm eating. Portion size is getting easier and easier.

I'm 54 years old and have a goal to be in much better shape and much healthier by my 55th birthday. (november)

These days I'm not in the weight loss industry anymore... I'm a licensed private investigator, and love what I do!

Looking for buddies and support and willing to give it, too. :-)

Thanks,
Jayden
Old 06-25-2012, 12:10 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey Jayden, Welcome

I am a transplanted Virginian now living in California and I still say Y'all . Every once in a while my Bostonian husband will look at me like I'm from Mars when I do.

If accountability is what you are looking for, you have come to right place! It is the name of the game around here, and the one diet trick that is guarenteed to work!

Let us know if you need some help navigating the site - that's what the moderators are here for. Well that, and eliminating spammers.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:07 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Pam!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll bet they look at you crazy in Riverside when you say "y'all". :-) I went to high school in Newport Beach and lived in San Clemente for many years before moving to Texas, so I know not many people say "y'all" in Cali! :-)

I spent some time navigating the site tonight. One thing I learned today. I consumed a LOT more calories than I thought I did today. Yikes! Not to mention, carbs.

I can see that I need to enter my food as I go along and not at the end of the day... by then it's too late! LOL

Congrats on your weight loss and thanks again for the welcome. I'm really looking forward to feeling better soon.

Jayden
Old 06-26-2012, 01:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by JaydenAustin
Hi Pam!

I spent some time navigating the site tonight. One thing I learned today. I consumed a LOT more calories than I thought I did today. Yikes! Not to mention, carbs.

I can see that I need to enter my food as I go along and not at the end of the day... by then it's too late! LOL

Jayden
Oh yea, welcome to the club. It was quite a shocker (and wake-up call) when I did exactly the same thing. Huh? how could I possibly be eating that much???

BTW some people use the food log to plan their daily meals ahead of time. It can be really helpful, especially when you know that you have a social gathering ahead of you and you want to try to maintain a healthy, balance diet, but don't want to deprive yourself of the fun associated with sharing a meal or snacks with friends and relatives.

Come on over to the other threads, there is lots going on
Old 06-26-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Jayden! Logging your intake is a humbling thing isn't it! I will say, though, that is the key for me. If I log and be accountable for every single thing, then I do well. Honesty is what it takes.

Stay cool today, drink water, it's gonna be a hot one!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

107 in the ATX today! At least that's what the forecast says. Whew...

I shall check out the other threads. Today I entered my coffee and the nuts I had right after I had them.... will try to do some logging ahead of time. I can see this is a really good tool for being more aware of what I'm really eating as opposed to how few calories I tell myself I am eating. :-)

Thanks!
Jayden
Old 06-26-2012, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

If you haven't started yet, I would recommend a scale & measuring cups as well. After a while you can eyeball your sizes but to get a real feel for how much you are eating vs what you are supposed to eat is a real eye opener too.

Yes, please check out some more threads. There is always a busy thread in the women's section.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:16 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you! Logging things like those nuts and coffee is the very thing I am talking about. I was walking past a few pistachios and I thought... hmmm... should I? Am I really hungry? or do I just want nuts?

107- it's just miserable! You must just have to brace yourself when you open that door to head out.