Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
New here, trying to get healthy to avoid diabetes and cancer. >

New here, trying to get healthy to avoid diabetes and cancer.

Notices

New here, trying to get healthy to avoid diabetes and cancer.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default New here, trying to get healthy to avoid diabetes and cancer.

Hey guys, well better get on with the introduction.

My names Jessica and im 21 years YOUNG. haha. Currently living with my parents and my 2 older brothers. My mom is struggling with breast cancer and will have chemo for the rest of her life. She also has terrible knees and diabetes. My doctor gave me a wake up call when he said i was on my way to following in her footsteps in all ways. I have symptoms of cancer and diabetes though none have officially shown their face yet. So im trying to fight back and get healthy. Currently i weight 230 lbs. I am 5ft 3 inches, a pretty short thing right? Well i have a boyfriend that is helping me along to get healthy and hopefully fit day will help too!

this is me now.

im the girl in the black tank of course!

Hopefully i will lose some weight, get healthy, and gain some self estem through all this.

well, nice to meet you all
Old 06-25-2012, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Hello

Hi Jessica nice to meet you! My name is Jessica also Im 22 and I am new to this site as well :-) I wish you the very best on your journy!!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default welcome Jesseh boo

glad you found us!, I am 51 and when I was your age I carried my weight better then I do now. I was then well overweight but was not concerned!< I applaud you for doing something now as I wish I did.
Now back about 4 years ago my blood pressure went up!, and I started going to see the Doctor regullarly, she told me of things to come if I did not make changes and she has been correct. my A1c went up I now have to check my Blood sugar so instead of the what next I got serious about regaing my health!, one of the first thing I noted is being able to sleep more soundly, then less legg and anckle pain. then I found FITDAY,, and this place rocks, I feel responcible to myself bye journeling my progress!, and I have committed myself to stay and help others as I have got great help here, some people have given me support only by telling their story and nothing more. Others have posted kind helpful things ,, you must fight these disease for your self. and know we are all here to support each other,,
All the best Bo
Old 06-25-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Jessica! Great idea to start now before the possible problems become reality. I also wish that I had done something when I was 21. I can't look back like that now. At this point I weigh less than I did at 21! You will one day be able to say that too. Come check out the motivational thread in the women's only section. We offer each other great support on that thread every week.