Notices

Lost and Found

Old 06-20-2012, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Lost and Found

Hi, my name is Ree I am a 51 yr who back in about 2002 lost 150 lbs just buy watching what I ate, walking a lot and drinking Juices instead of pop. Now the bad news I have been disabled since 2004 with many back and leg problems yup u guessed it I gained 50 lbs of it back I really want to lose @ least 75lbs just can't do it by my self I live with my 24 yr old son who eats 24/7 and CAN"T GAIN WEIGHT tried giving him some of mine just didn't work lol so I would like someone to chat and encourage me along the way please.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

hello Ree glad you found us ! I welcome the chat !, I too and 51 and have been dissabled by my own doing that being too fat, I am happy to have found this place, How liminted is your mobility? I have dropped 19 so far of 185, and look forward to excersize,
Old 06-20-2012, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Sure Falcons, I'd be happy to be your guide.

A way that I use to de-gain weight is to plant a garden. Then i eat the food I grow, perhaps your son could help you with the (planting) the garden part.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

i am on total disability i just joined the YMCA I can do the easy machines and started out doing 8 reps and now am up to 20 reps on each machine I also started walking in the park but that is really hard and can only do 1 or 2 times a week found out the hard way buy pushing myself I set myself back and haven't done either in a month I have been hurting so bad. As far as doing gardening wish I could but if I get done for more then a few seconds then I really pay the price that is one thing I hate about being disabled the most I miss my gardening. As far as my son help not a chance he is like MONK and heaven forbid he gets even a little dirty.

Last edited by Thefalcons07; 06-20-2012 at 05:28 AM. Reason: added words
Old 06-20-2012, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

WTG keep up the good work
Old 06-20-2012, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Falcons! Welcome to the site! You don't have to get on the ground to garden. We have hanging planters (buckets with a hole drilled in the bottom so the plant grows out the bottom) on our porch. You can also do raised garden beds. Many ways to get around the problem a little at a time. Take your exercise slowly so you don't have the setbacks and you will be feeling better before too long. It is a long road that we travel to try to get fit but it is so worth it in the end. I'm not to the end yet but I know that all of this will be worth it, it already is!!
Old 06-23-2012, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi Ree

Several years ago I lost 100lbs and "found" 40lbs of it at Starbucks!! I have recently gone through breast cancer, (I am now cancer free) so understand trying to fight the weight battle with a challenge. Also have 4 kids who are all "normal" weight. I am 53 and live in florida.
I have joined a gym and doing water aerobics and swimming laps, I am ready to pump it try some Zumba this week.
I'd love to touch base with you through this journey.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

The Y might be a source of support and good information for you. Perhaps you wouldn't trust the guidance of a personal trainer - they are not all equally helpful - but perhaps taking a class with seniors might increase your level of activity while you diet.

When I was in my 50s, I took a seniors exercise class at the Y, even while I took some other, more strenuous classes. The instructor had us sitting or standing, or even, in one man's case (back problems), lying on the floor, while we all did variations of the same exercises. I really liked it. It also worked some muscles that weren't worked in the other classes I took