Notices

new to site

Old 06-18-2012, 09:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default new to site

Hello everyone, found this page and it really helps me to go to another level with my physical goals.
Althought I have been training for over two years I never watched what I eat. Do I eat healthy, within my own boundaries and with common sense. After almost a year in the gym doing standar weight liftin excercises I found myself wanting something different and found RKC. Kettlebell workout group with a licensed RKC II trainer.
Within 10 weeks I noticed obvious changes to my strength and I could finally do some things that before were hard/impossible. Since Im 1,9m(6 feet 2 and 3/4inches and around 100kg(220lbs) I couldnt do a good push up series and dips were impossible to me before(gym weight lifting).
After 12 weeks I gained over 10kgs, from 98 to 110 and did all the excersises with my body, not big series but capable to hold my own weight.

The point of the long post is. After almost 10 months of kettlebell training I was awed with my body capability and was wondering what is posible if I stop eating junk food, drinking junk drinks and just stop treating my body as a garbage can. Before one month I started paying attention to what I eat and after one month I lost 6kgs(had 111.1kg on my high point) but didnt lose and muscles. And I'm not on a diet, I just concentrate to input quality groceries in my body and try to speed my metabolism with 5 or more meals per day.

After one month I decided to go further and came to this site. I like it alot and hopefully I will continue to log my activites, food and rest.

Sry for long post

p.s. custom activities would be great addition or add wakeboarding and kettlebell workouts to the activities
Old 06-19-2012, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, PsychoPod.

You'll find that in addition to people who are here to lose weight, there are a lot of people maintaining and making tweaks here and there to improve their health or performance even more. A good place to start would be the "best of..." series articles and there are lots of threads dedicated to specific types of diet or training.

I guarantee if you stop treating your body like a trash can you won't just lose fat but may also gain more muscle, meaning you'll have more leverage, which is very important in kettlebell training. Sleep and recovery is important too, make sure you get enough!

Welcome, and good luck!