Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
New User here - Been on Paleo for three months.  Have a question. >

New User here - Been on Paleo for three months. Have a question.

Notices

New User here - Been on Paleo for three months. Have a question.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Question New User here - Been on Paleo for three months. Have a question.

Can anyone tell me exactly where to take the body measurements? Where do you do the waist? Right above the hip bones or higher? What about the others? I just want to get the measurements correct.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Sushi,
Welcome to FitDay.

As far as your question about measurements, there isn't really a right and wrong way or place to take the measurement. The trick is to take the measurement in the same place every time. If you measure your hips at the hip bone, them make sure that is where you always measure it. If you take the measurement at the widest part (usually around your butt ), then that's where you will continue to measure.

That being said, medical folks are recommending that the measurement at the belly button, rather than at the narrowest part of the waist, is the best determination of "belly fat" and visceral fat collecting around the internal organs. But for tracking weight loss I don't think it really matters.

Let us know how you are doing!