Notices

Hey everyone!

Old 04-08-2012, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hey everyone!

I just started using this a few days ago and I'm finding it extremely helpful. I've needed to get on this track for a long time, but usually never last more than a couple of weeks. I'm hoping that with FitDay I'll be able to keep at it longer and see long term goals accomplished.

I'm 25 and I've had a pretty crazy life the last couple of years and my husband and I are just about to enter into a new transition, moving away and me taking some time off for a bit. We'd love to start a family, but it hasn't been working so great due to a few health issues. So I figured this is the best time to do so if I want the kind of life I dreamed of having.

Anyway, I would love to get to know some of you better as it seems we're in this together. I have a long journey ahead and knowing someone is in it with me would probably help. Plus I'd love to help someone else through it! Feel free to PM me to chat!

Becky
Old 04-08-2012, 11:54 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Becky, welcome to FitDay! Do stick around--FitDay works, but you've got to keep your commitment to it. Many of us find that participating in the forums helps.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-09-2012, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

The best thing that I have done for my weight loss besides logging all my foods in to Fitday is becoming active in these forums. Once you get to know some people they become old friends and it is unbelievably awesome to have people that you can talk to about what you are going through that have already been there and done that or are doing it right along with you. There is no negativity here either! That helps a lot!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks guys! Looking forward to getting more involved. I'm sure it will help me stay motivated longer. I really want to do this!

Any tips on where to start up in the forums other than here? How do you get connected with people? Any interesting threads that I should join or is it better to start a new topic?

Thanks!

Becky
Old 04-09-2012, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

I typically hang out in the women's only section. Every week there is a new thread started that gets stickied to the top of the section. It is called the motivational something-or-other LOL ... We list out goals for ourselves for the week then as the week progresses we update how we are doing on the goals. There is no right or wrong way and as one member says "no food police". We are all just there to help each other succeed or give a helping hand up to those who fall off the wagon. It's a great way to get to know the other members too!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I typically hang out in the women's only section. Every week there is a new thread started that gets stickied to the top of the section. It is called the motivational something-or-other LOL ... We list out goals for ourselves for the week then as the week progresses we update how we are doing on the goals. There is no right or wrong way and as one member says "no food police". We are all just there to help each other succeed or give a helping hand up to those who fall off the wagon. It's a great way to get to know the other members too!
Thanks April! I'll check it out!

A helping hand sounds good! Especially after Easter weekend and people giving me all kinds of chocolates! haha!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

I had no chocolates. I did however have homemade sugar cookies with homemade frosting sandwiched in between them! But they were adorable and I couldn't resist making them since they were pastel colored and striped Easter Eggs. LOL
Old 04-09-2012, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I had no chocolates. I did however have homemade sugar cookies with homemade frosting sandwiched in between them! But they were adorable and I couldn't resist making them since they were pastel colored and striped Easter Eggs. LOL
lol! Those sound so good right now! We had a brunch this morning with a whole bunch of yummy high calorie foods. But, I was so busy leading the event that I didn't need to worry about eating too much! Good thing!

However, after the event I saw a gift bag on my desk and inside was a Terry's chocolate orange and some mint chocolates. Both some of my favorites! I had one piece and am going to ask my husband to hide the rest.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Have Your husband hide it like an Easter Egg! Welcome to Fitday! Lots of wonderful people here. Use all the program those charts, graphs and calendars are such useful tools. Have fun, steer your own ship!