Notices

Hello! I've started a blog...

Old 03-31-2012, 10:28 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello! I've started a blog...

Hello all,

I've just started dieting, I have at least 2 stone to lose (I weigh 12 stone and am 5' 4" high), I am a 42-yr-old mother of two and I started a low carb diet 5 days ago.

Am really hoping to make friends and build up support along the way - it can be such a lonely business.

I've started a blog, here:
The Idiot that Proved the Diet

I've just updated it with entries from the last 12 days, charting how I got to where I am now... so it'd be great if anyone fancied a visit. Hope all your diets are going well!

Cheers
Clare.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Clare! It's nice of you to join us! I think your blogging is a great idea. Writing stuff down often motivates yourself and others. As for me, I set alarms on my phone to go off at random intervals and remind me to not give up. it may be a little silly, but it works for me!

I myself started my diet two weeks ago (although it isn't the first time) as all my other diets failed. I've been focusing on reducing my sugar intake. I admit it, I'm a huge chocoholic. But I'm working on it.

I have 12 lbs to lose and have so far lost 6. It doesn't sound like much, but as they always say, the last few pounds are the hardest, and they are right!

So, welcome to FitDay and I hope it works for ya! Oh, and Happy April!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi Clare,

Well, a medal for me, I flogged all the way through your blog. For someone supposed to be 'low carbing it' at the start you had no idea what you were doing! Muesli! beans! sandwiches! fruit! tomatoes! etc. etc.

Thank goodness by this last few days you have finally realized what you should have been doing from the start and have lost 5lbs - WELL DONE!

Are you using the fitday to log everything you eat? Just out of interest how many calories are you logging, not many would be my guess if you're hungry?

I have been Low carb high fat (LCHF) for 6 weeks now and have lost 15lbs. I've also been reading Gary Taubes.

Whatever you do, eat until you don't feel hungry. Your body will not lose weight if it feels like it's being starved. Don't 'pig-out' but try to be aware of when you stop feeling hungry. I have found I just don't feel that hungry any more. Miraculous to me as I am a complete and utter chocoholic and if I eat a biscuit I can't stop at one.

Sorry to hear that you hurt your back moving the furniture - that's quite a cocktail of drugs you're on and can't be helping with the weightloss. If you're taking a multi-vitamin with B vitamins that will be causing the bright yellow pee and it's harmless, just make sure you're drinking plenty of water.

Anyway! Good luck and have a Happy Easter and keep away from that Easter Bunny (the one who brings the eggs!)

jj