Notices

Hi guys :)

Old 03-16-2012, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi guys :)

Hi all! My name's Lex, and I'm new here, even if it says I've been here a while. I signed up originally when I was a younger and the BMR calculations didn't work for me, so I just never signed back on... and then I found the site again and realized I still had the account!

So, I'm 5'3.5"ish and I was 133 pounds as of Monday. My goal is to weigh 117 pounds. I'm quite young- I'm almost 18 (sh... don't tell! It's only for a month!). I've struggled with weight since I learned how much I loved sugar and hated to work out... But since I was about 12 or so, I really wanted to lose weight and feel good about myself. I've struggled with depression for all of my adolescence, and I never really believed I had to be "safe" with weight loss, so I began a roller coaster of weight loss and weight gain, ending with an eating disorder that has been under control emotionally for the past two or so years.

I'm in college right now- almost done with my first year! I'm double majoring in chemistry and biology and hopefully minoring in psych. I love sciences, obviously :P My dream is to be a neurosurgeon or a neurologist, hopefully in Seattle.

So, now, living in a dorm, an over full-time school schedule, and loving sugar still (it's a horrible love), I thought being back in a community would be nice to help me with my goals! So hi you guys!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Glad to see you find your way back.

Welcome aboard - again, Lex!

I love your ambitions. You sound like you have a lot of focus & determination that will do you well as you work your health goals. Be sure to make yourself known around the forums so we can encourage & support you in your fitness goals. I'm really glad that you're addressing your unhealthy habits now versus much later down the road. You're very wise.

Hope you stick around & pop in on the other threads!