Notices

New guy

Old 02-22-2012, 09:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default New guy

Hello all. New guy here. Got about 65 pounds to go, and trying whole foods for the first time. I'm addicted to sweets so that's bad... I hope I can get in gear as my brother is getting married in June and I want to look good as he picked me for best man. Anyway, good to be here, good to find this website (a friend at work told me about it) and best of luck to all.

Charles
Old 02-22-2012, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Charles. You will find lots of support here. I use to be a big time sweat person too. My trick to cutting back was haveing fruit bowls handy for snacking on. Good luck with your journey.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

"Hi Charles. You will find lots of support here. I use to be a big time sweat person too. My trick to cutting back was haveing fruit bowls handy for snacking on. Good luck with your journey. "

Thank you. I would like to use this website as a tool to get back into my "pre-knee injury" physique. In 2008 I was in the 160's running 4 miles 3-4 miles a week, playing rugby and what not in college. I tore my acl which stopped all that immediately and I gained about 30lbs in the course of 3-4 months (still had the appetite of being active but was very sedentary)

Since then I've graduated college, got married and kept on gaining weight. Right now I am 24 years old, 5'11" at about 220. I know this is not the worse situation in the world but I keep moving in the wrong direction (3 years about 65lbs) so I thought I would get more involved in this site.

I want to get back into my pre-injury physique and maybe get back into playing Rugby again. I hope to get a lot of modivation from you all and maybe a kick in the arse if I need it (I know my wife won't!).