Notices

Fabulous Fat Fighters 2012

Old 05-15-2012, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Weighed in this morning and still at 151. At least down from my salty meal 3-lb gain from a few days ago. I went out of town Fri-Sat and had a couple days of restaurant food and snacks with no additional exercise so wasn't expecting much. Also did not stick with the daily calorie limit on the days I was at home (husband cooked nice Mother's Day brunch).

It is clear that I need to increase my exercise and stay with a consistent calorie count to have results. Two hours per week of weight lifting is keeping me toned but not burning calories. I did ride my bike for 1.5 hours on Sunday as a Mother's Day treat though.

Am going out out town again for a few days but it will just be me (no kids) so it should be easier to eat well when I don't have to search for kid-friendly restaurants.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, everyone!

I'm new to FitDay, but I started a lifestyle change almost exactly 3 weeks ago! I'm 23 years old (female, 5'2") and a month ago, I was at my highest weight ever of 210 pounds. I moved into an apartment with my boyfriend--my first apartment ever!--and decided that with my own kitchen, now might be a good time to stop eating McDonald's and pizza rolls all the time and actually start trying to be healthy.

I'm actually down to 198 pounds now after three weeks! But I really need the motivation to start exercising again, because I know that the weight loss won't keep going at this speed for much longer. I bought a nicely priced and well-reviewed elliptical machine, but it's been a few days and I haven't yet used it. I need to get myself motivated somehow!

I'm hoping that keeping an online food diary/activity log (as opposed to just a paper one) will help me keep going. And being a part of a community like this online!

~Kim
Old 05-20-2012, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kim - welcome

I have lost another 1lb this week and that means I am 1 off 1.5 stones! In the old days I would have said "what just 1lb" but now I am happy with my slow and steady approach !

Hope you all had a good week

Sara
2.30pm UK time
Old 05-21-2012, 07:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Sarah750S! I'm ready to take the challange. I started yesterday. I have 60 lbs to go. I feel good and not deprived. I have decided to do a life style change so, my new eating habit consist of all natural organic food, reduce my sugar intake and drink more water which is my biguest problem. I already only eat red meat once or twice a month. I also need to exercise more. Anyway, I'm ready!!! keep us posted with your weight loss.
Gemcat
Old 05-23-2012, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default new here can I join

Hi,

I am new to forums and hope to join if it's not too late.

mom of 4
205 lbs
5'4
Old 05-25-2012, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gysheran
Hi,

I am new to forums and hope to join if it's not too late.

mom of 4
205 lbs
5'4
It's never too late.............WELCOME!!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:51 PM
FitDay Member

Well I hope our thread is quiet because we are all enjoying renewed energy with some of that 2012 fat going going gone!

All good here in UK. Been busy preparing for a job interview which was last Monday (got it !) and so any time on computer was for that but back to normal now

I bought a new blouse for the interview which was lovely but trying on other clothes was a good reality check as it made me realise that although I have lost 21lb I want to lose more before I re stock my wardrobe!

Queen Jubillee weekend here so lots of fun things planned

Sara
9.00am UK time
Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Home from UK Vacation!

Hi y'all,

Home in Sunny Texas from an almost three week break in the UK. Amazingly I've only put on 2.6lbs which is wonderful after all the bad things I ate while I was away.

All you Brits on here - what do you think about the weather I brought with me!? We had some fantastic weather in the UK last week, and the sun shone for my Mum's 80th birthday party last Sunday. I'm looking at the forecast for the Jubilee celebrations, and it's not too good... sorry about that.

It seems like things went quiet when I was away. Where is everyone? Not fallen off the wagon I hope. Ibiza was an early poster where is she? Do we have PM facilities on this site? We need a roll call.

Glad to see that you're here pulling it all together Sara! Good luck to everyone.

Jane
Old 06-02-2012, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Would love to join this thread!

Hi everyone,

I've just read this whole thread and found it very inspiring. My stats: I'll be 58 in a couple of weeks, starting weight 170 although I have been heavier in the past (I'm sure at one point I was over 200), but I've been at or around my present weight since 2004 (and diagnosed at that time with T2 diabetes).

I joined this site one week ago (have also started Atkins) and have dropped 5 pounds already! Even more impressive than that (and the MOST motivating factor for me) is the fact that for the first time since being diagnosed I am not fighting to keep my blood sugar under control - I never wanted to test bcos I knew my bs would be too high, now I need to test to make sure I don't crash from bs being too low! Clearly the low-carb approach is what is working for me.

I've been very inspired by reading everyone else's posts and looking forward to conversing with all of you. Congratulations to every one of you for sticking to it! That's the first big step. Don't get discouraged and DON'T give up.

Have a great day all of you.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Cate

And everyone else = seems we have been moved to Success stories but hey that wont deter us. We continue to be the Fat Fighters of 2012!

Sara
UK time 8pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.