Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
Fabulous Fat Fighters 2012 >

Fabulous Fat Fighters 2012

Community
Notices

Fabulous Fat Fighters 2012

Old 04-01-2012, 08:44 PM
FitDay Member

Exactly, we're our own worst enemies with the scales obsession, I certainly am. If someone said to me now, would you be happy a stone lighter in 3 months time, I'd say of course! We don't really think about that goal broken down but that is 1lb a week. I've lost rather pathetic .5lb this week but I'm keeping perspective. Next week might be better or worse but overall I'm still 9lb down and no weight gain. I also have not added in any increase in activity yet, this
will be my secret weapon for that first plateau I hit.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

What is really important to remember is that this is a marathon and not a sprint. It has taken months, if not many years, to put on this weight and it cannot be magicked away in the twinkling of an eye (worse luck!). I find that every week does bring some bodily changes and I can go 'shopping' in my closet for some piece of clothing that I love, and couldn't bear to donate when it didn't fit or look good anymore, and feel exhilarated when I can wear it. Of course I do live in Texas and have the luxury of a walk-in closet the size of a double bedroom in the UK! Which allows me to hang on to stuff that I probably shouldn't.... Sara has her handbags/blackberry; Ibiza, you have your holiday to look forward to. These are all good rewards to keep us on the straight and narrow.

Have a good week y'all

Last edited by jj59; 04-02-2012 at 02:23 AM. Reason: missing word - brain fade...
Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

I think wearing some nice clothes this summer is a real pull for me too !

Sara 9.00pm
Old 04-08-2012, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

0.9lb lost this week - not much but going in the right direction. I was at an Easter Egg hunt in the week with my daughter and may have strayed ever so slightly

Jane
Old 04-08-2012, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

I'm quite surprised with my results this morning. 3.5lb loss this week. This is one of three really hectic weeks during the year for me work wise and I think that might have something to do with it as I spend a couple of days running round like a headless chicken.
weight is now 12 st 2.5lbs.

JJ, excellent that you're still going the right way. I only registered 0.5lb last week. We all fall off the wagon occasssionally, it's getting back on that counts
Have a great weeks dieting.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by IbizaSunset
3.5lb loss this week.
Wow, that is amazing! The only week I've lost that much was the first, and we all know that was really just water....

Old 04-09-2012, 07:37 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Hi all

Sounds like we are ticking off those pounds slowly but surely.

Easter hols here and girls home from uni so out of routine abit but good eating pattern still going well (but they do love to bake our girls so theres always chocolate smells coming out of kitchen when they are home!).

Havent weighed self for a while but yesterday I wore a top that had been too tight for ages. You should have seen that smile in the mirror - it was huge!!!!

Keep posting and keep smiling - summer is going to be gorgous clothing for us!

Sara
8.40am
Old 04-10-2012, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all!

I just joined fitday today and have just started getting serious about losing weight. Sarah told me a few of you talk each week on here and said that even if I didn't join in February I should come alongside. So, here I am! Hello!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully help each other out as we go through this!

Becky
Old 04-10-2012, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Becky!

Welcome
Old 04-11-2012, 07:07 PM
FitDay Member

Red face

Hi Becky!

So my story so far....

I am 48, 5ft 2 and in 2009 had a fully hysterectomy. Since then not got back into any full exercise regime and developed into a binge eater. Would regularly stop at petrol station and buy pack 6 doughnuts and eat all whilst driving

In January I did something I have never done before - I told my lovely hubby that I wanted to lose weight (after saying to him that I didnt want any comment, suggestions etc!!!! ).

Since then I have lost 1 stone (well am going to weigh self on Sunday to confirm this but am pretty sure it will be). This has been done sllloooowwwwlly but I am starting to see results.

Also taken up treadmill running and this hols (am a teacher so off for 2 weeks!) I have been at gym every day running for 30 mins.

As my signature says - no way am I going to be fat and 50 !!!

Sara
8.00am

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.