FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Any from uk? I'm a newbie! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/6702-any-uk-im-newbie.html)

Firefly0910 02-18-2012 08:02 AM

Any from uk? I'm a newbie!

Hi all i have just started here! I've been on a million diets since giving birth to my baby 16 months ago. I. Scottish but live in England as my hubby is in the army, so comfort eating food is my friend! Need to break my food habbits and find other things to eat in place of chocolate when my hubby on exercise!

Where is everyone from?x:)

RogueSlayer 02-18-2012 11:37 AM

Hi and welcome, I'm in England also. I joined Fitday just after Christmas this year and it's been the best thing I've ever done!

helveticat 02-19-2012 03:21 PM

I'm in the UK too (London). Logging food & weight in FitDay has really helped me to stay on track, and the forum has some very knowledgeable & friendly people. Welcome & good luck with your mission to resist the chocolate (which is one of my many weaknesses, too)!

Sara750S 02-19-2012 03:47 PM

Hi I have just joined and am from Bristol. This site is exactly what I need to keep track of what I am eating etc.

Sara

Firefly556 02-21-2012 06:57 AM

Hi all. It's been an eye opener to all the calories I actually eat. I've adjusted the daily amount by adding sleeping into e activities so I need between 1300 and 1400 calls a day, which I'm gonna find quite hard but I need to learn more about foods and how best to prepare them. Saw the progress so far on people and well done!! I hope to follow in your footsteps soon!

Marianne2014 02-22-2012 05:04 AM

Hi guys, I'm also from the UK just signed up earlier this evening and really hoping the tracker section of the site will help me as I'm quite methodical and (at times) a bit OCD-like in needing to know everything inside out! So, apart from obvious health benefits does anyone have specific motivation dates? For me it's a combination of two - firstly my engagement party in August and then my wedding which will be 2 years in August. Sounds like a lifetime away but I made that mistake when I was at Uni and wanted to be slimmer for my graduation - every day I kept saying "oh it's ages away I'll start watching my diet and exercising more after tomorrow" - needless to say tomorrow never came and I'm determined my engagement and wedding photographs won't be the same!!

IbizaSunset 02-25-2012 06:54 PM

Another UK Newbie

Hi there, I'm new today and having been permanently overweight for 20 years I'm trying to learn how to stick with things as I'm a real quitter.
I'm focussing on September as a target as I go to Ibiza with my dance loving husband and I really would like not to be a fat woman in a bikini.
I have to lose about 3 stone to be a healthy weight.
I'm in the West Midlands, originally from Manchester.
:):):):)

Sara750S 02-25-2012 08:27 PM

Hi IbizaSunset

I am from Bristol and found this site last week - its fab!

I have started a thread called "Fabulous February Fat Fighters 2012" where people starting their weight loss in Feb can all egg each other on. Come and post there too!

Sara