Hello all, nice to meet you.

Community
Notices

Hello all, nice to meet you.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello all, nice to meet you.

Hi,

Just joined the site and thought I would post my introduction after reading the past couple hours or so.

I'm going to be 39 in a couple months and I am very overweight. I haven't a scale around currently, but based on my last weigh in, I am 235-40 or within 5 lbs of those numbers

I really hate what i see in the mirror and it's time to put in the effort to get healthy!

I've read the FAQ and completed my food journal for yesterday.

I must admit, I'm pretty overwhelmed by the mountain of information to absorb here. I wish someone could tell me "eat these foods each day and you will have the right amount of calories". If only, right? Haha.

Anyway, I hope to get to "know" some of you on the site.

Take care.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:52 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome!

A good way to get started might be to log what you're currently eating for a few days. That way you'll sort of have a grasp on the amount of calories you've been eating. Then, figure out your daily calorie burn (by entering the info into your profile) and you'll know how many calories you can eat (on a daily average) to maintain a deficit (keeping in mind that it takes, on average, a deficit of 3,500 calories to eliminate one pound of fat).

If you need more help, check out the FAQ/Support thread and if you can't find the answers you need there, feel free to ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-15-2012, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, vishisluv2012!

You can get some food ideas, what to eat, by looking at people's Public Food Journals. I know Michael's Journal is public, and right in your calorie "ballpark" (assuming), so that's a start. And if you become a "FitDay friend" with someone who's trying to lose weight, you can view their Food Journals as well for even more ideas.

Best wishes and stick around to share in the success.