Notices

New From Virginia

Old 02-08-2012, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Default New From Virginia

I just finished a pilot program for weight loss and diet for people not wanting to become diabetic. I am not diabetic but had a heart attack three years ago and need to stay on an exercise program. I am 81 years old started the program at 156 lbs and my goal weight was 143 lbs. I made my goal weight and needed to stay there. After the end of the program I start to gain a few lbs so I thought I needed to keep logging my weight and food intake and I found this site. For the few minutes it takes a day to keep mylog, I can keep focused on staying at 143 and it keeps me aware that I need to get on the treadmill and stay away from the junk food. Glad to be here. Tommie
Old 02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

It's good to see you've found FitDay! Welcome, Tommie!

It's great that you're going strong at the young age of 81. We're about the same weight, but I'm down from the 180's. Congrats on your weight loss and now that you're trying to maintain, we've got some tips for you on that specifically as well.

But, to get you started, let's get you situated with both the Discussion Board and FitDay program by visiting this link:

FAQ's/Newbie Q & A, How To's, Supporting Links & Tips

Thank you for choosing FitDay to help with your transition into a healthier lifestyle.

We also have a really nice list of resource threads here, called the FitDay Best of Series

Although it looks like you're more interested in maintenance and not weight loss. Still, the threads on Macronutrients & Protein would would be appropriate.

Finally, we hope that you decide to "stick around" our Discussions. We have a helpful community that is knowledgeable, engaging, and very friendly.

Best wishes!
Old 02-09-2012, 07:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tommiefromva
I just finished a pilot program for weight loss and diet for people not wanting to become diabetic. I am not diabetic but had a heart attack three years ago and need to stay on an exercise program. I am 81 years old started the program at 156 lbs and my goal weight was 143 lbs. I made my goal weight and needed to stay there. After the end of the program I start to gain a few lbs so I thought I needed to keep logging my weight and food intake and I found this site. For the few minutes it takes a day to keep mylog, I can keep focused on staying at 143 and it keeps me aware that I need to get on the treadmill and stay away from the junk food. Glad to be here. Tommie
Welcome Tommie

Great going on meeting your goal weight! This site has been a great tool for me too. I love how educational the logging is as well as the participants of FitDay.

I hope to see more of you!