Don't want to be the fat mom

Community
Notices

Don't want to be the fat mom

Old 02-04-2012, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Don't want to be the fat mom

My name is Kat,

I am overweight, starting weight is 227 I am 5'8. I have four kids, one boy 15 this month, and three girls , 10, 9 and 7. I am married to a policeman for going on 12 years (son is from my ex). I have been thin my whole life up until 5 years ago, I started having lots of female problems and then had a hysterectomy in 2008. After that my body just seemed to get bigger and bigger. I was making unhealthy choices for food and not watching how much I was eating. I stopped exercising and before I knew it I was wearing a size 18. People were treating me differently. I also stopped working, I kept in touch with a lot of my former coworkers but only through facebook. I stayed out of pictures so they did not end up on facebook so people that knew me thin would see me fat. Its made me feel like a failure. I dont want people to see me look like this and treat me differently. Any way I am going to shorten this because I could go on forever. I am currently in a wheelchair unable to walk for about a week or two more. I had surgery on my foot and have not been allowed to walk on it since december 16 last year. hopefully soon I will.
I decided a couple of days ago to start watching what I eat and logging it on fitday. I think I am making a step in the right direction.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Kat!

You'll find all the tools and resources at FitDay to meet your weight goals, and to help with your transition into a healthier lifestyle.

We have a terrific Women's forum here where I'm sure you'll find all the support you'd like, as well as the other forums.

A good way to get situated with both the Discussion Board and FitDay program is to visit FAQ's/Newbie Q & A, How To's, Supporting Links & Tips

And, we have a really nice list of resource threads here, called the FitDay Best of Series

If you have any additional questions we are here to assist.

We have a close-knit community that is active and encouraging, so we hope that you decide to "stick around" the Forums.

Best wishes!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Kat ~

You sure have had a lot going on. I can identify with you on not wanting pictures taken. The good news is that you made great choices in joining FitDay. You are setting up yourself for success!

I hope to "see" you around the board.