Newbie...gonna try this again!! >

Newbie...gonna try this again!!

Community
Notices

Newbie...gonna try this again!!

Old 02-01-2012, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie...gonna try this again!!

Hi all, my name is Deborah. I'm new to the forums (not to Fit Day) and my hope is that I can find support and encouragement in my weight loss journey. I've had difficulty losing weight in the past due to health issues and medications that fried my thyroid and adrenal glands. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired(and fat too!!).

I am 5'3" and weight 183lbs. I'm almost afraid to set a long term goal as it ends up so overwhelming and I lose hope. I'm gonna try for 10lbs per month and I think that's a reasonable, achievable goal. According to the powers that be, my ideal weight is somewhere between 104-141!!

I've always been the heavy one and the best(only) compliment I got from my mom was what nice, wide, childbearing hips I had. I have three kids so I guess it was true!! Thanks mom!!

Anywho, I'm at it again and after reading a few posts am going to look into the PX90. Until then I'll use our Wii and a Biggest Loser game plus online videos. I'm not a runner and until the weather warms up a bit I'll keep my bike in the shed!! Sorry for the long winded intro...just wanted to get it all out!!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yourbadd
Hi all, my name is Deborah. I'm new to the forums (not to Fit Day) and my hope is that I can find support and encouragement in my weight loss journey. I've had difficulty losing weight in the past due to health issues and medications that fried my thyroid and adrenal glands. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired(and fat too!!).

I am 5'3" and weight 183lbs. I'm almost afraid to set a long term goal as it ends up so overwhelming and I lose hope. I'm gonna try for 10lbs per month and I think that's a reasonable, achievable goal. According to the powers that be, my ideal weight is somewhere between 104-141!!

I've always been the heavy one and the best(only) compliment I got from my mom was what nice, wide, childbearing hips I had. I have three kids so I guess it was true!! Thanks mom!!

Anywho, I'm at it again and after reading a few posts am going to look into the PX90. Until then I'll use our Wii and a Biggest Loser game plus online videos. I'm not a runner and until the weather warms up a bit I'll keep my bike in the shed!! Sorry for the long winded intro...just wanted to get it all out!!
Deborah, Welcome to FitDay! I'd strongly recommend that you check out the 7 Day Motivational Thread that We have going every week. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...1-30-12-a.html Hop on in and introduce yourself. Do be overwhelmed by how fast the thread grows. You may not be able to keep up, we all struggle b/c it's always so active! We have a great group of ladies. Some new to FitDay, some new to forums, some young and some are still young at heart. It's all women... besides me. I was invited in a long time ago and now they won't let me leave. I think they enjoy harassing me, even the new ones are already getting corrupted.

One of our fellow moderators has spent a lot of time compiling some great info that can also help you along. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post68614
FitDay Discussion Boards - Threads Tagged with fitday best of series

I've done 2.5 rounds of P90X, the program is hard, but it works. If you can stick with it for 90 days, you'll see some amazing results!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We're all here to help!
Old 02-01-2012, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Deborah! I see that Mike has given you the run down of what's going on. And he's right, lots of great ladies over on the 7 Day. And then there's Mike himself, he's our entertainment. I too suffer from a whacked out thyroid, but all isn't lost, you can STILL lose weight! I've lost just over 40 lbs since the first week in Novemeber, and feel better than I ever have. Come on over and join us. We always welcome new members to harass Mike.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Believe me 5'-3" at a 183lbs isn't that bad. I'm not quite 5'-2" and started off at 244.6lbs !!! You got the right idea, start off slow and ease into things just one day at a time and as for slip ups, we all have them. The trick is to forgive yourself and get back up on the wagon as soon as possible, hopefully by the next spoonful. Welcome aboard and good luck honey.

Sounds like you and I have some things in common, as I have 3 children too. Although I never heard my mother say that I had wide baby birthing hips, she did apologize profusely for giving me her thunder thighs, and went on and on about me being "intelligent" with a "great personality". Thank goodness she never wrote a singles ad for me eh?
Old 02-03-2012, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Thanks for the warm welcome!! It's nice to feel support from others who are in the boat with me! My hubby tries to be supportive then turns around and wants to order pizza or brings home candy!!

I'm feeling a whole lot more positive about this go-round than ever before. I just came home from the grocery armed with tons of fruits and veggies plus I picked up a few "diet" ice cream bars and cookies. In the past I have always strictly denied myself these things thinking I couldn't even come close to eating something that reminded me of my worst enemies(sweets).

I've got several exercise programs lined up on my Roku so I can exercise without having to do more than turn on the TV.

I'm going to start tracking my weight as of today and have a goal of 10lbs by March 12th.