Ughh !!!! Bad day :( >

Ughh !!!! Bad day :(

Community
Notices

Ughh !!!! Bad day :(

Old 01-25-2012, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ughh !!!! Bad day :(

Well i had a great start and then it happened... I didn't get all of my "daily meals" together lastnight because I got home so late.. This morning had the intentions of getting them... But thought well if all else fails I will just stop by the convience store and get some yogurt ( I have seen it there ).. WELL... No yogurt.. And what did I walk out with??? CORNDOG... Really... What waas I thinking.. Now after being very bummed at my decision.. I entered it in my food journal sighed and am just moving on.. Does anyone else fall into these pitfalls???
Old 01-25-2012, 03:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

[quote=leslieiwhiteside;70029]Well i had a great start and then it happened... I didn't get all of my "daily meals" together lastnight because I got home so late.. This morning had the intentions of getting them... But thought well if all else fails I will just stop by the convience store and get some yogurt ( I have seen it there ).. WELL... No yogurt.. And what did I walk out with??? CORNDOG... Really... What waas I thinking.. Now after being very bummed at my decision.. I entered it in my food journal sighed and am just moving on.. Does anyone else fall into these pitfalls???[/quote]

All the freaking time! Somes the best laid plans are undermined by the simpliest things. So in this case we have 2 options, leave and go somewhere else (probably the best because it gives us some time to rethink our options), or have a back-up plan in mind, like if they don't have yogurt, I'll just buy a water and leave.

Someone once said telling yourself what you will do rather than what you won't do works a little better. So I try to remember: if the store doesn't have the healthy choice I want, I will pick water and leave. rather than I won't buy any unhealthy stuff.

But the bottom line is it take practice. You couldn't do a cartwheel the first time you tried could you?.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you pam.. You totally made my day.. GREAT ADVICE
Old 01-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Yep, it happens a lot. It's called Real Life .

Just remember, one corn dog isn't going to doom you. Take what happened, learn from it, and go forward. A backup plan is always good. I keep a bag of almonds at work/in the car, so I know I can stall till I can make a good choice, but sometimes the unexpected still happens, like they'll order lunch in and hand me an unfamiliar menu, and I can't very well say," let me go upstairs and look up calories." If I goof, I just try to compensate over the next day or two (trying to make up a big goof all at once always leads to poor results for me). You'll get past it and you'll get the practice and it will be more automatic as time goes on.