Notices

Been here before, trying again

Old 01-11-2012, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

Post Been here before, trying again

Hi all. I'm coming back to Fitday after a year away. I met someone who's giving me a kick in the pants to lose weight/get healthy/get in better shape. Yes, I know I should do this for myself, but that hasn't worked any other time and I'll take whatever motivation I can get.

The basics about me - 41 y/o, 5'2" tall and 294lbs (started at 310 on Jan 9, 2012). I'm a stay-at-home wife and a natural homebody. My goal weight is 250 lbs in 10 months.

Right now, I'm in that cranky/depressive state, which doesn't help the depression I normally have. The hardest part is exercising. I got made fun of a lot in school and at home for being the fat girl/the picky eater. I despise working out in front of anyone due to that. Also, the snowy weather doesn't make going out for a walk appealing at all.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:26 AM
FitDay Member

You've made a great step by coming back here again. It sounds as if you could tell me a thing or two about this site. I'm fairly new around here.

I hear you about the exercise & depression. Please feel free to jump in on other threads so we can interact with you more. Others here have given me support & encouragement as needed. This last month has been hard for me to even get moving. That is, just to move my feet more often seemed a big goal. The 7-Day Motivational Thread is a great help for me to get moving. Simple goals are welcome - which I so appreciate.

Here's hoping you stick around, Luv
Old 01-12-2012, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

It's always harder to get motivated to exercise when the weather isn't nice. Consider using work-out videos (you can even borrow them from most libraries if you don't want to buy them) or some of the work-out games for the Wii. Just get up and do it and you will reach your goals. And WELCOME, by the way.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcomes. I'm getting a lot of help here.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

Default Better late to the party...

Welcome, zyxst! I'm glad to hear you're getting the support here and have decided to try again. Your target goal is very doable so keep your eyes on the prize.

As you my know, we have a terrific Women's forum here. I'm sure you'll find all the support you'd like, as well as the other forums.

You'll also find all the tools and resources you'll need here, in our little corner of the internet in order to meet your weight goals, and to help with your transition into a healthier lifestyle.

A good way to get situated with the Discussion Board is to visit our new Help File here:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post65241

If you have any additional questions we are glad to assist.

Lastly, we'd enjoy having you "stick around" the Forum. We have a close-knit community that is active and encouraging.

Best wishes!