New year, better choices >

New year, better choices

Community
Notices

New year, better choices

Old 01-07-2012, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb New year, better choices

I ordinarily ditch 'remember us? come back' email from websites, but while cleaning out the ol' email box* on December 31, I found one from FitDay and clicked the link. I was amazed to see my password/handle still worked... and that my last journal entry was June 2006. I'd noted that my foot pain was diagnosed as tendonitis, and that we were going to start packing to move north from San Diego to Port Townsend, WA, in a month or two. That double-whammy totally disrupted my diet efforts and gym schedule.

Well, there's no time like the present for a fresh start. I weigh almost exactly what I did in 2006 [178lbs at 5'8"], but the toll of aging and being away from regular exercise has totally messed up my shape: I don't wanna be an old pear!

So for the new year, we're having "gin-free January" in our house, taking salty snax off the 'automatic restock' list (hubby has been diagnosed with hypertension), and seeking out a gym where we can start bolstering muscle mass in the gloomy wet winter weather of WA. And I'm not going to let a recently diagnosed pinched nerve in that same foot get me off track: that's why they invented the rowing machine.

Wish me well, and I'll drop by the forums again to say how things are going and wish others the same. One of the best things I found here in the past was good, kind, people helping keep me accountable.

CatzEyes
today: 178lbs
interim goal: 165lbs by July 2012
interim goal: 150lbs by Christmas 2012
final goal: 135lbs by Christmas 2013.

* Talk about losing: I got my email box down from 2000+ messages (100s unread) to 95! Very satisfying start to new year.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome, CatzEyes, glad you "came back." Let us know if we can be of any help. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards! You're off to a great start .
Old 01-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

That is great to hear. Welcome back!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Good to see you made it back, CatzEyes. Let me bring your attention to this thread for some helpful hints:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post65241

If you have any additional questions we are glad to assist.

Best wishes!