Notices

Hey!

Old 01-03-2012, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hey!

Hello, I'm Jordan, I'm 18, In my last year at high school and I really need to get rid of my belly and moobs, I have stick thin legs and arms and my face is very thin, Ive recently gone down from a Large mans to small mans,see the only place fat goes is my stomach, I started to develop an eating disorder in November 2011 and am still in the mind frame and I fear things can only get worse, I have thought to myself that maybe an eating disorder is good so then I will finally be skinny. Anyway I hope I can finally have an underweight BMI because that is my goal for march, my current BMI is 19.8 and I weigh 158lbs and today I bet myself up over eating 1,078 calories, yesterday I ate 679and I felt good, something is wrong with me

Last edited by Just_Jordan; 01-03-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Jordan, welcome to FitDay! Don't take this the wrong way, but you are what they can skinny fat. Thin without much muscle mass. That is a hard place to be when you are obsessed with losing weight! I'd strongly recommend getting professional help to help with your eating disorder. The problem with being skinny fat is you'll ended up eating less and less to get rid of the fat and moobs but probably end up losing valuable muscle mass. Building muscle is a great way to reduce fat.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Jordan, welcome to FitDay. There is awesome support here. However, I would suggest that you talk to a doctor and a therapist if you haven't already. Eating disorders can gain traction very quickly, and you want to be healthy both physically and mentally so you can be your best. Good luck.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hey 01gt4.6 .Do you think If I just go walking/jogging every night will that help me lose the fat on my torso, I was doing this until I became obsessed with food and how much I was taking in, I had no energy at night time anymore so I stopped, but tonight I'm going to start back up again. I've looked at your progress pictures and was just wondering do you have a thread that describes what you did, bare in mind any exercise that I'll be doing will cost me little to nothing since I'm a student. Thanks

cjohnson728, I haven't yet spoken to a doctor or therapist, but I'm hoping that I can get over this eating disorder myself, I know that if things get worse I will have to go see somebody. Thank you
Old 01-04-2012, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Just_Jordan
Hey 01gt4.6 .Do you think If I just go walking/jogging every night will that help me lose the fat on my torso, I was doing this until I became obsessed with food and how much I was taking in, I had no energy at night time anymore so I stopped, but tonight I'm going to start back up again. I've looked at your progress pictures and was just wondering do you have a thread that describes what you did, bare in mind any exercise that I'll be doing will cost me little to nothing since I'm a student. Thanks

cjohnson728, I haven't yet spoken to a doctor or therapist, but I'm hoping that I can get over this eating disorder myself, I know that if things get worse I will have to go see somebody. Thank you
I originally did walking to drop like the first 20 pounds. Then I did P90X to lean me up some and to build some muscle. I don't believe you can spot reduce fat. I would focus on healthy (mentally) eating first and foremost. Concurring your eating disorder should be your #1 priority right now, IMO. I'd get rid of every scale you own! If you aren't going to talk to a doctor or therapist, you need to talk to your family and friends. You all have to realize that an eating disorder is a sickness and they must support you on getting over it. BTW having no energy is a direct result of lack of food and vitamins.