Notices

Heyla!

Old 01-01-2012, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Heyla!

First, I have to say everyone here that I've been reading about from success stories to those struggling, you are all amazing. I need this support and to be around like-minded people so much and I'm near tears already while writing this.

I decided today, the first, would be my C-day(change day). It's the start for me to begin on to a more healthy lifestyle and lose the weight that I've gained. I've topped the scales higher then I've ever been and have taken the jokes from my family and friends and the looks from strangers for too long. When my 8 year old daughter finally told me on Christmas Day that she thought I was just so very fat, too fat to eat Christmas dinner with the family, that clenched it for me.

I'm 5 feet and almost 2 inches and I weigh 228 pounds. But from my understanding and the doctors, I'm supposed to weigh somewhere around 120 something for my height and bone structure? Just last November I weighed 242 and I'm unsure how I lost those 14 pounds but it doesn't matter.

Now, I've struggled with weight since puberty hit me, I'm now 30 years old. the year before I gave birth to my daughter, I weighed 147 pounds and I was happy. Now, I'd just be happy were I to reach 150 pounds. And that's my goal weight.

Today, I've begun my regiment. Keeping track of the foods I eat and I begin walking our mile long driveway. Going to walk it twice every day. And my sister in law, whom is joined to Gold's gym, will be taking me along twice a week so I can take advantage of her membership which allows her to bring someone for free every time to do a limited number of things there. I'm looking forward to this.

I apologize for my rambling of a post here, lol, and you'll notice this more often when I go to post in the future. I'm just so excited to start and to talk with others that know what I'm going through and more!!

Again, you guys are so amazing to read about. So much inspiration here!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome!

Wow, what a heart warming story. You've inspired me by your motivation.

So welcome, solarien.

You'll also find all the tool and resources here to meet your weight goals, and to help with your transition into a healthier lifestyle.

We have a terrific Women's forum here where I'm sure you'll find all the support you'd like, as well as the other forums.

A good way to get situated with both the Discussion Board and FitDay program is to visit this link:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post65241

If you have any additional questions we are here to assist.

We have a close-knit community that is active and encouraging, so we hope that you decide to "stick around" the Forums.

Best wishes!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

WELCOME! As was stated by Vito, we have an awesome women's forum. I've only been with FitDay since the first week of Novemeber and have already lost 30 lbs. And if not for the support and motivation from those women, and man who post there, I'd surely have given up by now. It took me about a week to get the hang of logging my foods, etc but after that it was a piece of cake. There is a lot of information to be found here, just seek it out and use it. I with you much success. Stick around and get to know us. We're a motley crew, but we get the job done.