Community
Notices

20 pounds!

Old 12-28-2011, 03:08 PM
FitDay Member

Default 20 pounds!

Hi im a newbie...we to this site, but not to the struggle of weight loss.
Im 155 and 5'2. not healthy. two years ago i was 140 and okay with my weight. the loss of a job, my dog and just not caring has taken me over the limit.

I cant do this alone, im not strong enough...honestly im not happy with myself. its not healthy for me to be this way...
Old 12-29-2011, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to FitDay amorbella!

You have come to a great place for conversation and motivation! Maybe for the first few days just log everything you eat as you normally eat. That is a real eye opener and you will see almost right away where you can reduce caloric intake without feeling hungry.

If you need to set goals with other people to keep active on the forum head over to the women's only section and there is a motivation thread there weekly. Check that out too! We always love having new members join us!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by amorbella
Hi im a newbie...we to this site, but not to the struggle of weight loss.
Im 155 and 5'2. not healthy. two years ago i was 140 and okay with my weight. the loss of a job, my dog and just not caring has taken me over the limit.

I cant do this alone, im not strong enough...honestly im not happy with myself. its not healthy for me to be this way...

Hi amorbella (lovely screen name),
There is a ton of inspiration and support here. Commit to logging in everyday, join the conversations, ask a question or 2, and I think you will reach your goal in no time.

Are you a walker? If not, that is one of the very best ways to get started both physically and mentally. Try to get at least a short walk in every day and then set up a plan to extend your walks longer and longer. We have several ladies that could barely walk 100 yards, now doing 2 miles. And number of people who started out walking and now are runners.

Come join us!