Community
Notices

I'm new too

Old 12-06-2011, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm new too

I'm not new to working out, nor am I new to eating right. I am new to going it alone. I don't do that well, at all. I want desperately to be like my mother and my father (who do all these things together) tehy run and work out together, they eat healthy together - and have my whole life.

And, here I am. I struggle emotionally and internally. I don't like to tell people or talk about it, but it has severly affected me over the past two years. I struggle with getting up, being motivated, not being tired, etc...

I am my own worst enemy, so now I'm looking for that combination of motivation & accountability...and between here and Runner's World "the Loop" I'm hoping to find it.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

I know that struggle all to well. It certainly is helpful to have a partner to support you, that's why I've landed here. Emotional support is just as important as the physical one on one. Welcome and I hope we can be that crew you need!!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Find a running club in your area.
While not a comprehensive list, it's a good start.
Most all running clubs are very welcoming to new runners.

Edited ti add: Check out the TEAM FITDAY-Running and walking club thread.

Last edited by handcycle2005; 12-07-2011 at 04:06 AM.