Notices

Texas: Tierd of throwing in the towel...

Old 11-29-2011, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Texas: Tierd of throwing in the towel...

Something always goes wrong. I can see some results, slowly but surely. I look healthier as i run every other day with my boyfriend who has been active all his life, and i try my hardest to keep up with it but i slip on on to my old ways again. Working at the most delicious burger joint (Whataburger) doesn't help either, abusing of the 50% discount i am granted. I thought maybe i need someone i can do this with me, motivate one of my fat friends to join me in the life changing transformation! They always say "yeah dude, totally, lets do it" and what happens, nothing.
i loved the way i felt when i exercise for those 2 weeks, not all sluggish like now a days, especially when im just stuffing shiz that shouldn't be in my mouth in the first place, like if i can afford it. All the good compliments i got from everyone! It felt good, you know...

...Ive always had a hard time loosing weight but never really had physical activity, which is always the key to weight loss right??
And i LOOOOOVEEE to EAT!! MMMM!!!
Especially the bad stuff, but dnt get me wrong, im mature enough to make sure im not over doing it, sometimes, i just go off... Munchies... Not good...
I'm eighteen and i have the body of a 30 year old woman! For gods sake, maybe not that bad, but i don't wanna be this way for the rest of my life.
Pretty face, i can win you over with my personality, and i try to make it seem like it doesn't bother me,
list goes on, and on and on,
So i Google(d) weight loss, im on this website, not sure really how to work it to its full potential yet. Im guessing yall are on the same boat huh.?
So any one wanna chat, i love meeting new people!

Last edited by SammieVqz; 11-29-2011 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Run on sentence needed more info added
Old 11-29-2011, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Sammie... The first thing you should do is start logging all of your food that you eat. You may think that you know how much you are eating but chances are if you are like 99% of the population there are things you eat that you are unaware of. Or you over estimate the portion size. Spend a week or so logging your foods and exercise then see what you can do to make the changes to improve your life. I'm sure you will see a trend.

Yes, exercise is a good portion of losing weight but so is eating properly. You can't out-exercise a bad diet. Make small goals and try to meet them for self-motivation. Say 5 lbs the first month? That should be doable right?

Post on this message board when you have questions, successes, failures, ... anything. It really helps to talk to people who are or have been where you are!
Old 11-29-2011, 04:59 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Sammie,

I totally agree with wildbeanerz. Logging your food is your first step. I would also like to suggest reading labels to determine what the portion size is of any food you eat.

Keep posting and let us know how you are making out.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Way to Go Sammie, you can do it. I agree that the tracking of calories is the best way to start. Then you can actually see how many calories is in the bacon cheese burger (or insert favorite junk food) is adding to the diet and can make better food choices. It doesn't mean that you give up up totally the junk food, it just gives you a place to start.