Notices

Hellooeee

Old 11-03-2011, 10:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hellooeee

Hello there,
I'm a new member from the UK. My whole life was in disarray and recently my confidence took such a nosedive that I knew it was time to stop the rot and make changes. One major change and cause of much misery is my weight and subsequent level of fitness. That change starts today.
I have 2 mini goals, to reduce my weight by 10lbs by the 23rd December when my best pal gets married and then 25 more lbs by the time my anniversary comes around in March. Entiretly achieveable.
I'm 37, married but no children (no thank you very much!!!) but I do have a Siamese cat, he is basically a furry son to my husband and I!! Hehe.

Anyway, nice to say hello, feel free to say hello back and good luck to you all on your journey.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome Warwick,
I am sorry things have taken such a nose dive recently. I hope gaining control of your weight will reverse the dive - it certainly has for many of us.

Your goals are very do-able! Log your food and try to figure out where your problem areas are, then tackle them 1 by 1. Don't try to take it all on at once. Add a little extra exercise, and you will be a 10lb slimmer you in no time!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

I,m new too actually this is my first time on here glad to hear about your dission keep us up on your success,I'm trying to lose thirty pounds myself by march 1 2012 I,ve lost ten so far sure was easier to put it on lol
Old 11-04-2011, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Warwick and CherylB,

You both have very realistic goals, which is the best way to go. I have to constantly remind myself that this is a marathon and not a sprint. Focus more on how much better you feel after eating well and exercising than the number of the scale. I am into week 4 of my lifestyle change and I feel so much better than I have in years, which helps to motivate me to push through my exercises.
Good luck to you both!

@Pam-wow on going from a size 12 to a 6 in under 4 mo. and then down another size in a year. Way to go!

Mel