Notices

New Girl (:

Old 10-24-2011, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow New Girl (:

Hi there everyone. I'm new to these forums so please bare with me, lol! Well, I am a 20 year old female. 5'4", 170 lbs After graduation high school in June of 2010 I just became very lazy because I no longer had basketball or softball and none of my friends were into exercising; probably because they were all blessed with fast metabolisms. Well, I gained a lot of weight, and found out I had Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. at my heaviest I was 188 lbs. which was this May. I started doing Atkins the second week of August this summer and had to have surgery in Sept. so I went off of it. I then started on Oct. 5th and already fell off! I'm so ashamed because I easily could have stayed on but I let other people influence me [I take 100% responsibility thought so don't think I'm placing blame]. I am married to my high school sweetheart (we've been together since we were 15). He is skinny as a rail so the food he eats, I got in the habit of eating because it was cheaper than buying completely different food for myself. I'm done with excuses and getting side tracked. My goal is to lose 56 lbs.; hopefully before next spring because we are going to Hawaii for our belated Honeymoon. This is a lifestyle, not a fad diet, and I don't want to treat it like one. But, I need to set goals so I keep up the hard work. I will be following the Spartacus workout plan so let's see how this goes!!!

I'm not sure what all I was supposed to share so I figured I'd just put it all out there! lol. Hoping to meet some great friends and learn things along the way!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:15 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome!

It sounds like you know what you need to do: eat less and move more. That's really the key, in a nut shell.

Find a calorie level that you can live with and that gives you an average daily calorie deficit and you WILL lose weight.

I hope you keep your commitment to this and stick around!

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-25-2011, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forum! Like Michael said, it seems like you know what you need to do.

Just a thought...you wouldn't have to buy two sets of food if you hubby were to eat healthy too. Just because he is thin doesn't mean that it would hurt him to eat healthy foods.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

LoL! I don't think I'll ever see the day when my husband chooses spinach over french fries. Maybe when we're 30. However, he will be my gym buddy so that's a huge plus! (:
Old 10-27-2011, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Don't feel you have to have a perfect diet to succeed. Everyone messes up. Just put it behind you and get back on plan. You might even want to plan a cheat day or meal so you don't have to be perfect. Welcome!
Old 10-28-2011, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

I'm fairly new here too and am just starting to explore the forums. I'm going to make sure I check out the recipe threads.

You're going to do great. I find that the tracking on fit day is excellent. I like it that I can set a goal and it shows me the allowable calories per day. You can create your own foods. You can keep track of your fat intake (trying to keep mine at 25% fat). I've customized water and can keep track of that.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:37 PM
FitDay Member

Browsing through the newbies thread make me feel so inspired to lose weight again! ^^ Good luck Cjmdelaney! I managed to lose around 10kg less than a year and I bet you could too!