FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Will bore you all until it's all off! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/5427-will-bore-you-all-until-its-all-off.html)

MonkeyDave19 10-10-2011 04:47 AM

Will bore you all until it's all off!

Hey fitties!

I'm Dave and I'm going to lose weight.

I'm just over 14 and half stone at the moment and although I want to lose weight I'm not sure of my goal. The main reason is I've never been lower than 12 and half stone so not really sure where my weight should be. I appreciate B.M.I should be an indicator but I am aiming to build some muscle whilst losing weight so will have to play the 'goal weight' by ear although I know I need to lose a few stone.

I will be uploading progress videos on youtube and have just loaded my first one up. Not really a video more a slideshow ;)

MonkeyDave19's Channel - YouTube

Got a bit of extra time on my hands at present so will be on here rabbiting away quite a bit.

Well I'll get more and more information out about me but for now thanks for reading and I look forward to showing off my progress :p

Dave

wildbeanerz 10-10-2011 05:27 AM

Welcome Dave! You have come to a great place for conversation and support in your goals!

MonkeyDave19 10-10-2011 06:19 AM

Thanks, I'm looking forward to having this forum to talk about things.

Don't really have any friends I'd want to talk to about or nor my family so this is perfect for me.

And everyone seems so nice too

wildbeanerz 10-10-2011 06:42 AM

Anonymity is a great thing for talking to others about things you wouldn't talk about in "real" life. Like I would never share my actual weight with anyone in person. But I will here and freely do. I will however tell people in my 'real' life how much weight I have lost. That I am proud of and you will be too. It's a real confidence booster!

Jump in anywhere and start talking!

VitoVino 10-10-2011 09:11 AM

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/213/welcomewqn.gif

Welcome Dave!

I like your term "fitties". I guess being "fitty" makes *sense*. If I had to do it over, my screen name would be "Fittie Sense". :D

MonkeyDave19 10-10-2011 10:48 PM

Thanks Vito.

Impressed with your progress so far. Good work!

And yeah I like the term Fitty too! Does make me smile :D

01gt4.6 10-11-2011 04:08 AM

Dave,

I also used YouTube to track my weighloss. Best of luck to you.

MonkeyDave19 10-11-2011 06:02 AM

Impressive transformation GT!!

Q. The maths of weightloss! I've read that 3500 calories = 1lb of weight so in theory if I want to lose 2 lbs per week to start with I need to have a daily calorific difference of -1000.

So I'm doing daily exercise plus watching what I eat. I've eaten 1500 calories today for example and Fitday states that for a 5 ft 11 male aged 25 weighing 205lbs I should burn around 2400 for a mostly seated lifestyle. I havent included my exercise today onto fitday as its been home circuits with kettlebells and some free weight too so not sure how much I've burnt. Anyways I know I have at least a difference of 1000 calories today so 1 day down.

Right to my actual questions lol

Does this 'science' actually work?

How long a period does the calorific difference need to be measured over? For example do I need to average the difference daily for clearer results or will a 7000 calorie deficit per week show the same difference?

Thanks

01gt4.6 10-11-2011 06:48 AM

IMO it's best to try to space it out through the week don't gorge one day then starve yourself the next. I would recommend taking it more on the days that you workout.

01gt4.6 10-11-2011 06:51 AM

The math is probably accurate but keep in mind that we all burn calories at a different rate. Some people workout harder, heartrate also plays a big role.