Help Im going crazy!!!

Community
Notices

Help Im going crazy!!!

Old 09-29-2011, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Help Im going crazy!!!

Hi,
I was sent to this site by my endocronologist following the official diagnosis that I not only have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis but Graves Disease also (for those that dont know what either are hashimoto's is an autoimmune disorder that attacks the thyroid and creates hypothyroid, Graves is the complete opposite, autoammune disorder that creates hypertyroid). I know how is that possible??? Its appearently rare but can happen. I have been struggeling for 5 years with thyroid issues and weight gain as a result. Im here to try to get my life/health back. Im realizing that my future health is in my hands(or mouthas it were ) Im here to take charge of my food and not allow it to control me anymore.
Anyone with advice is greatly apriciated. I feel like Im on a medical roller coaster.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay!
Old 09-30-2011, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

It sounds like your diagnosis of "medical roller coaster" is accurate. Welcome to the forum, and good luck on your journey. While I can't offer any advice on how to cope with your specific medical issues, I will openly encourage you to stick to your guns. My husband and I have 3 DD's, when the oldest was a toddler she was gravely ill, and when we got little to no help from our physician, I got very angry and made myself into a great big pain in the butt. However our daughter is now 10 and healthy as a horse. So you could say that my Irish temper proved life saving. So again, stick to your guns and don't let the advice of supposed experts steer you in a direction your gut says is wrong.