Notices

Newbie :)

Old 09-25-2011, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Post Newbie :)

Hi guys,
My names Hannah I am 20 and a student. I had been dieting for a good 4 months and had lost a stone going from 11stone down to 10stone but my mother became ill and slowly my weight has crept back up (due to comfort eating) to about 10st 5lb so I thought this may be a good way of helping me hit my target of 9st 7lbs which would be a 'healthy' BMI for me.

I am open to any hints and tips of how to loose the weight and avoid the dreaded comfort/bordem/stress eating
Old 09-27-2011, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Hannah,

Track your food, everything you eat. When you see how much fat & calories are in your comfort foods, you will start to find better alternatives. I know I can eat a piece of cake, but then I've used up all or most of my calorie allotment. And then I'm hungry all day ~ not good. The lower the calories the more you can eat & you will feel fuller longer.
Really, I believe that the calorie tracking is the key to everything.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

Get more active. If you're bored do something. Just walking is a great way to add some activity to a sedentary lifestyle and relieve some stress at the same time.