Introducing Myself - Nailkita >

Introducing Myself - Nailkita

Community
Notices

Introducing Myself - Nailkita

Old 09-20-2011, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Introducing Myself - Nailkita

Hello, Just thought I'd introduce myself on the forums. I started my weight loss journey about 3 years ago and it's been tough, the hard part has been finding support at home. I've been going up and down but at this time I have about 40 lbs to lose.

I spend about 90% of my day at a computer, working or playing video games. I have a 3 year old cat that will help me work and play whether I ask for help or not.

I have a blog about my journey here: myweightloss.kilianwalker.com I don't update it very often, but you're welcome to check it out.

Here's my story: (tldr; I lost a lot, got comfortable, and gained most back)
A few years back I was very depressed, I was in a job that wasn't challenging me for too little money. I was single and on my way to becoming a crazy cat lady that lives in her parent's basement. I was also 235 lbs.

I made the decision then that that year starting January 1st I would start Weight Watchers and lose the weight. I lost my first 20 lbs fairly quickly and moved on to a better paying job and moved out of my parent's house and onto my own.

I lost that job around the time I started seeing my boyfriend but have since found a much better and better paying job and some freelance work, I've bought a house and in general gotten my life back on track. But...

Despite at one point being down to 179 lbs I am now back up to 205 lbs, in a large part to being at that comfortable stage in my relationship and being so focused on work and life that I forgot to take care of myself.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi!

Hi Nailkita,

I am brand new here, just joined last week. Just love tracking my food intake on FitDay. An added bonus is seeing the nutrition. I am adjusting my food intake not only for calories but also for vitamins/minerals.
The forum is great here, everyone is very supportive & friendly. I don't post much, but do read alot of the threads.
You had great success with WW & I'm sure the same will be true this time. Just wanted to say welcome!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks

And yeah, being able to track, and set up custom nutrients to track is a great feature! There's more to food then just calories.