Notices

Starting over.... :)

Old 09-13-2011, 10:42 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Starting over.... :)

Hi Folks!

My name is Lori...and I'm not exactly new to dieting or Fit Day. In 2007, I started using fit day and lost 100 lbs in 5 months.... another 30 dribbled off in the following year.

I maintained the loss for quite a while, but it has been creeping back up on me and I've put on a total of 58 lbs since I hit my lowest weight in 2009.

Unfortunately, I cannot go back as far as 2008 on fit day to examine my eating habits. Being a diabetic, I found an "Atkins like" plan to work the best for me. Within 4 days of beginning, my energy level shot up 200% and it made light exercise much easier. After losing 40 lbs, I joined a gym, got a trainer and kept going with it until I was a happy size 12/14.

I guess my first step here is to reread Atkins and try like anything to remember JUST what I was eating. I do remember I had absolutely no hunger.

I hate to admit this, but one of the reasons that I put so much of this weight back on is due to HAPPINESS!! LOL I became involved with a wonderful man and went back to doing the "wifey" things like cooking extravagant meals and terribly sinful desserts. There was one dessert that, taken in very moderate portions was ok (a mix of cream cheese, sugar free cream cheese instant pudding .. made with heavy cream and half and half), but too much of a good thing equals way too many pounds!

I'm here for a fresh start, to help support others while on my own journey ....and to hopefully be a productive member of this weight loss community.

I weighed at the doctor's office the day before yesterday, but my first order of business this morning is to weigh on my home scale (since this is where I'm keeping track), and jump on the lifecycle for as long as my butt can take it. I DO remember that the last time I did this, after a few sessions on the bike, my tailbone hurt really bad and I would have to lower my butt on that seat veryyyyyyyyyyy gently for a couple of weeks until I got used to it. hahah

So...... Good luck to all of us, and God bless all of you!!!

Lori
Old 09-13-2011, 11:00 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome back to fitday. I hear you on the "remember" business. I was doing really well for the first several months, but lately I've been on the slide too. So I'm having to rework my mentality again to hopefully get the ball rolling in the right direction. I'm cracking up over you being fat because you're HAPPY. When DH and I first met we both put on the lbs from cooking and eating together, but now that we've been married forever and have 3 kids, we've both lost weight LOL. I also know for certain that it's a lot easier to be happy when you've had some extra carbs. Speaking of extra carbs do you mind sharing that recipe? Sounds delicious.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Welcome back to fitday. I hear you on the "remember" business. I was doing really well for the first several months, but lately I've been on the slide too. So I'm having to rework my mentality again to hopefully get the ball rolling in the right direction. I'm cracking up over you being fat because you're HAPPY. When DH and I first met we both put on the lbs from cooking and eating together, but now that we've been married forever and have 3 kids, we've both lost weight LOL. I also know for certain that it's a lot easier to be happy when you've had some extra carbs. Speaking of extra carbs do you mind sharing that recipe? Sounds delicious.
Actually.... the recipe is more low carb... very sinfully rich, but served in 4oz dessert dishes.. MORE than enough to satisfy.

I buy 2 boxes of Jello cheesecake sugar free/low fat pudding. I put that in a blender with an entire bar of FULL fat philly cream cheese with 1.5 c of heavy cream and 2 cups of half n half. .. blend until thickened. For the guys who aren't concerned with weight, I top it with strawberry pie filling. I'll have it plain (which still tastes like cheese cake). The half and half has some carbs and a box of mix says 6 carbs. So right now I'm not doing that for me anymore until I get back on track.

A lot of my atkins buddies tried it.... especially those who are diabetics and they say it feels like having a big piece of cheesecake without the dreaded sugar and excessive carbs
Old 09-17-2011, 10:29 PM
FitDay Member

Best wishes for success, Lori. I have a similar story in that I lost a large amount of weight and kept it off for several years. Lately, it's beginning to find me again, so it's time to get serious!
Old 09-18-2011, 12:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Lori, you're not alone in having trouble maintaining a loss. I left FitDay years ago after losing a couple hundred pounds. Of course, gained it all back and then some.

I'm so glad you're back and getting back on track before the situation got totally out of hand (like mine). I know you can get the losses going and maintain this time.

Regards,
Michael