Notices

Hello!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello!

I was clicking through information to try and get motivated and came across a name I recognized - Fitday. In the past I exercised about 2-3 times a week, circuit training, a very strenuous class, but I think not enough for me to do anything other than maintain, then I got sick just after Christmas and never went back to the gym (until today...I walked two miles on the track!!), since then have put on about 20lbs on top of the extra weight I was already carrying. I'm now 225 lbs 5ft 9 in, 55 yrs old and finding it very hard to shift weight. I feel i eat healthy, I'm a vegetarian but do eat to many carbs and can't find enough lean protein which I think is my main problem. i don't like eggs, and there's just so much tofu you can eat!
i really want to stick at this, but sometimes just get so busy and forget to log food, that's when things get out of hand and I eat more than I realize.
Barb
Old 09-07-2011, 02:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Barb, welcome!

Have you started logging your food and exercise? I think getting a baseline to work from is very important. Then you can work on cutting cals, burning more cals, or ideally both.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-07-2011, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the advice Michael, i did log my food and exercise yesterday...or should I say what I could remember. Of course today already I didn't log, things were so busy at work and I had a meeting tonight to rush off to so forgot! Will try and go in now and see what I can remember, and maybe try to take a notepad out with me to jot down while on the move. Did walk to the meeting and back which is a step (or several) in the right direction and would have normally jumped in the car!
You are truly inspirational looking at your achievement, you are quite literally half the man you use to be...well done!!

Barb