Notices

Hi Everyone

Old 09-03-2011, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,
My name is Chrissy I am a mother of 3 sons and grandmother of soon to be 3 grandsons. I am 44 years old and am having a very hard time losing weight. I find myself discouraged and at times extremely upset. I have been going up and down with my weight for the past 12 years. It all started after I had a hysterectomy at the age of 33. For whatever the reason I cannot seem to maintain a steady weight and its very frustrating. I did get down to an ideal weight 2 years ago but then suffered an ankle injury that made it hard to walk, which is what helped me lose. I ended up just sitting around and between that and major life stress the lbs just piled on.
My new grandson is due any day and I want to be around to run & play without getting tired and winded so quickly. Combine that with my nieces upcoming wedding on New Years Eve...and I want to look HOT in a new, sexy dress !! Any help anyone has to offer would be great !!
Thanks for listening !!

CHRISSY
Old 09-03-2011, 04:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Chrissy, welcome!

FitDay can only give back what you put into it, but if you're willing to make the commitment to use it and stick to it, I guarantee it works.

Look around the forums--lots of folks here in similar situations as yourself and all willing to lend support.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-03-2011, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

We're about the same age, only hopefully grandmotherhood is still a ways off for me, as our oldest DD is only 9! Anyway my best advice is to take it in baby steps with diet and exercise. Women our age need lots and lots of cardio, I put in 60-75 of cardio 5-6 days/week. I had to work up to that point, it took about a year to get to the point that 75 minutes didn't feel like death. I also put in at least one session of weight lifting/week, sometimes two if I can swing it. On the diet end of things it really helps me to track my calories, by nature I'm optimistic, so I always think I can eat more than I really should if I'm allowed to forget what I actually ate. When you track it, there's no denying where your calories are falling and you can make better choices.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Great advice from almeeker regarding working your way up with the exercising. Take your time, gradually increasing the effort, that way you won't get turned off to it and you'll stay injury free. You're not in competition with anyone, so just take it easy and listen to what you're body is telling you.

Set your caloric goals and stick to them, then enjoy watching the pounds melt off.