Notices

Double the trouble, double the fun...

Old 08-12-2011, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Double the trouble, double the fun...

Hi Everyone,

My fiance and I have just signed up to FitDay!

We're both Australian, I'm 29 and he is 26 and we weighed in at 100.08kg/220lbs and 140.08kg/308lbs respectively. We've both battled with our weight throughout our lives, but we want to do this for ourselves, for our wedding and for the family that we hope to bring into this world at some stage in the not-so-distant future.

I'm looking forward to trawling my way through the forums to see what hints and tips I can pick up... but for now, it's just good to be here and to be making a positive change in our lives.

Kel xox
Old 08-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay. We he be joining the forums as well?
Old 08-12-2011, 06:36 PM
FitDay Member

Thats great when you both do it together because you have a built in support group, and imagine trying to diet while your hubby eats an ice cream.
That would be the ultimate in tempatation, and you would give in.
Doing it this way you can buy the same foods and eliminate everything in the house that is potentially fattening.
I say potentialy, which is evertything, because if you eat too much of any one thing it will make you fat.
Also, you will be able to excercise together, and hopefully support each other.
By the way, did I say Welcome?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:36 PM
FitDay Member

I'm not sure if he'll be joining the forums or not, I'll leave that up to him - probably not though.

I had lap-band surgery 2 years ago (almost to the day) and had reasonably good success; I went from around 120kg/264lbs down to 89kg/195lbs but then I met my fiance (our relationship was a bit stressful in the beginning due to his ex causing dramas) and I took on a new job role which was extremely stressful and let's just say that I seriously lost my way. I'm disappointed and embarrassed that I've gained back half of what I lost (so much so that I dare not see my surgeon) but I am pleased that we are doing something about this together.

It would be impossible to diet with him not doing the same; I don't have a very strong will power, I give in to temptation very easily when I'm not monitoring/being monitored which is why he and I being linked on FitDay as friends really helps.

We've joined a brand new 24hr gym, but unfortunately it doesn't open for another 3-4 weeks - we can't wait until it does though, it'll be great!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Really excited that I lost 2.2kg/4.8lbs and he lost 2.3kg/5lbs in the first week - the great thing about this is that we're doing it slightly different, he's using a mixture of protein shakes and calorie controlled dinners whilst I'm just calorie-controlling all of my meals and trying to keep them high in protein. It's nice to see that although we're taking slightly different paths, we're still doing it together and we've both achieved a great result for week 1.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kelsha81
Really excited that I lost 2.2kg/4.8lbs and he lost 2.3kg/5lbs in the first week - the great thing about this is that we're doing it slightly different, he's using a mixture of protein shakes and calorie controlled dinners whilst I'm just calorie-controlling all of my meals and trying to keep them high in protein. It's nice to see that although we're taking slightly different paths, we're still doing it together and we've both achieved a great result for week 1.
That's great news. Just keep doing what works and don't get discouraged the the pace slows down. You're both in it for the long haul!