Notices

gastroparasis

Old 08-02-2011, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Cool gastroparasis

Hello my name is joan, i have gastroparasis. It means that food passes very very slowly, so when i eat a normal portion, i feel like i have eaten a full thanksgiving dinner!
Needless to say, my nutrition is not good at all. I weight 135 and my height is 5'3" so i am not worried about that (10lbs off though and i can fit my cloths again) I have very limited income, so this is a big issue.
I am glad to find this sight to inspire me to eat better and get more activity.
My cholesterol is 250 and i have hi blood pressure (inherited) so i need to step it up!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

I have a friend with a similar issue. She took the test where you eat a radioactive egg and they watch the digestion. It was like 2-1/2 hrs into the test and it was still in her stomache. She was able to lose quite a bit of weight by walking for a half hour during lunch during week days at a pretty quick pace and cutting back on portion sizes. She also was not a large girl, just needed to lose like 15 lbs to look awesome.

I hope that you find success. It will be good for your other health conditions to get the rest of you healthy too!