FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Out of denial (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/4859-out-denial.html)

yazzyfooty 07-30-2011 09:11 PM

Out of denial

Reality was finally brought home to me on Friday when I started on a healthy lifestyles programme and I was weighed and was told how much I weigh. I knew the weight had been slowly piling on as new clothes were a size bigger, then another size bigger but I cried when the figures were recorded onto my card.
I could blame it on stopping smoking 8 years ago but then that would negate the positive impact on my health. Depression, loneliness, lack of exercise and irregular eating habits are the reasons.

My plan:
To start the day with a breakfast
To eat smaller meals
To eat more vegetables
To do at least 1 hour of exercise a day
To drop at least 3lb of weight per week

Well that is me and I hope I can get inspiration and support from this forum.

Yaz

MommaRae23 07-30-2011 09:30 PM

Welcome and good luck! I just joined as well. I know when I was entering my goals for weight loss I kept getting a bright red message saying, "losing anything over 2lbs a week is not healthy"...even though mine is set at 2.3 I think.

With many many previous times losing and gaining again, the first week or two you will start to lose the most....but then you start to slow down. Just mentioning it so you don't get discouraged if by week 2+ you haven't lost your goal of 3lbs a week...

lalagoe 07-31-2011 12:06 AM

I too am new - started yesterday. I had my second child over a year ago. I lost quite a bit of the weight, then went on vacation to visit family for a month and packed it back on. I can't blame the kids anymore.
I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I do have a LOT of firming up to do. Since the kids were born, everything is redistributed ;)
Good job on 8 years of no smoking! I too am a quitter - it's been about 2 years.
I am a habitual snacker! Although my snacks are generally healthy ones, I eat too many of them.
My goals:
exercise more! every day.
Less frequent snacks.
More water, less gatorade.
and to look great half-naked for when my husband comes home from his deployment
I'm at 160 with a goal weight of 145.

VitoVino 07-31-2011 02:25 AM

Yup, I hadn't stepped on a scale for as long as I can remember. I just used my clothes as a gauge. But a few years ago I went from size 32 waist jeans to 33 and that worked fine for a long time until the 33's started getting too tight. Enough is enough.

Welcome Yaz and best wishes. Eating a good breakfast is the key. I eat yogurt every day and can't think of anything better than that to start off the day.

mjp22 08-01-2011 07:12 AM

I am also new here, although I started back into a workout routine in mid-April. I have found that taking the time to input my food each day has really given me a tremendous amount of insight into my breakdown of macronutrients. I feel very confident in my current food intake. I am seeing consistent results. At the same time I feel that I have found a great workout routine for myself in kettlebells. This has been an eye opening experience, and has reinvigorated my desire to learn more. I have wasted many years of doing what I thought was the right thing with long isolation type workouts followed by brutally boring cardio. No need with kettlebells.