Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
Last time on the {not so merry go round. >

Last time on the {not so merry go round.

Community
Notices

Last time on the {not so merry go round.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Last time on the {not so merry go round.

Hi All,
I started using Fitday back in late June and thought it was time to introduce myself.

I am 48 years old and have battled with weight issues for most of my adult life. Both of my parents and two of my siblings have Type2 diabetes. During my annual physical in early June, I tested as pre-diabetic. It was my wake up call!

A friend suggested that I watch "fat-head" - a documentary response to "Super-size Me" and this lead me to the decision to go low-carb. I'm currently reading through the books recommended on the fat-head website. This also led me to find an online mediterranean low-carb diet for diabetics.

Anyhoo, my weight in mid-April was 207. I started low-carb eating on June 27th at a weight of 205, and I weighed in this morning at 196!

I'm eating whole foods, my taste buds are enjoying veggies, and I'm feeling great! I am walking for exercise.

That's me.

Last edited by cozyOK; 07-18-2011 at 01:31 AM. Reason: My laptop has a mind of its own and ended my post too soon.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

Congratulations on your progress! Mediterranean food sounds tasty.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Its nice to meet you cozy. Keep at it.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hiya Cozy,

Good for you for getting started!

Looks like we woke up at about the same time. Similar too. I'm 49, and have 100 lbs on you, but I'm doing low carb as well. Paleo lifestyle, and I'm walking for exercise too. I'm feeling so much better after only a month and looking forward to greater benefits as I get healthier.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks All!

Thanks everyone ~

moxy, we do have similar bios. I've only recently learned about the paleo method - I'll have to read up on it. It seems like every low carb method has some useful tidbits - I'm pretty much winging it but using ideas from several. (For example, I cannot eat fish every day like the mediterranean low-carb diet recommends, but I am eating a small piece of dark chocolate everyday )

Best of luck to you all!