FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   No Day But Today (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/4648-no-day-but-today.html)

mdeleonibus3 07-06-2011 04:09 PM

No Day But Today

Yeah Cheezy I know..but that's how I feel. :D

Today is the start of it all. I'll be brief with the intro...
Hi! I am new here, just created my fitday profile, entering my weight, height, measurements, and basically getting to know the website. I love it already. Especially the journal aspect of it.
Background (again brief)
High school and college athlete, always the larger one on the teams, but strong, built and toned. College sports ended, classes and work became inconsistent, weight was put on. I am now getting married in 3 months, and I am in no way shape or form ready to be married. I left high school in a at 5'6 size 10, at 150lbs..I am now 26 years old, and I'm 5'6, size 12-14 at 188lbs.

Today I hit rock bottom. I was at OC with my fiance' when his sister, (who was heavier than me when moved to NYC) comes and is way thin. So yes, I admit, the jealous bug bit, and boy it bit hard.

I just got home, unpacked, and found this website. I realized that I'm getting married in October!! Wedding pictures are something to be treasured and remembered, and I do not want to remember my wedding day as a bride pushing 190lbs.

I can do this and I will. I realized today on the long journey home, just how unhappy and more importantly unhealthy I was. My profession is a Special Education teacher, so lunches are hard to get and snacking is priority...Lets just say meetings after schools are often equipped with yummy snacks..and of course UNHEALTHY!

I'm ready with the help of this website, and any advice and wisdom. I am ready to begin my new and healthy lifestyle. I am glad the jealous bug bit, or who knows, I may have never realized that I have a lot of work ahead of me!

Weight as of 7/6/11- 188lbs

Goal for 10/21/11 (WEDDING DAY)- 160lbs.

01gt4.6 07-06-2011 04:28 PM

Congrats on making the decision to start today. Hitting rock bottom can be an eye opener! I hit rock bottom on April 19, 2009. :)

cjohnson728 07-06-2011 04:34 PM

Hi there from a fellow Baltimorian! (Because "Baltimoron" just sounds wrong...).

Okay, you can do this. You have a great motivation, but also think of how much good you'll be doing for your health and your emotional well being. The good news is that FitDay has a ton of resources to help you figure out what works for you, and what doesn't. There's also a huge amount of support. Poke around the message boards and take in all the info. If you want, join in the Motivational Thread in the Women's Corner; we post goals and check in and motivate each other.

Dang, girl, it's hard to hit rock bottom in OC. Feel for ya :(. Tell me it did NOT send you to Candy Kitchen.

Good luck! I'm pulling for you!

mdeleonibus3 07-06-2011 04:50 PM

Thanks Mike! Sometimes it takes rock bottom to be the eye opener!

Cassie- Girl let me tell you, when she came down in a little tankini, I was like No way, this isn't happening. We met in college and we were typically the same size and then moved to NYC for a job..she gained more weight, and then became obsessed with running and bam! Half of her is gone! I detest running, so therefore that is not my way to burn some calories lol..I am however fond the bike.

Candy Kitchen did see me :( but not that day, they saw me the night before when my fiance and I were walking on the boardwalk..Dang those sour gummy worms..Ocean City is a death trap when it comes to food..I swear I should never go.

Thanks for the encouragement and congrats with how you have been able to maintain your weight loss! I hope to be as successful as you are!

cjohnson728 07-06-2011 05:23 PM

Thanks, and I know what you mean. Thrasher's, Dumser's, Dough Roller (let's not get into Pizza Tugos at one in the morning while drinking, not that I've done that, nope)...and that's just the beginning :eek:. We are headed there first week of August and I am already preparing by trying to be extra good (I've had a shaky summer so far, up and down the same 3-4 lbs.).

We always do Candy Kitchen on the way out of town when we leave. The bad thing is that it's right there in the car with us. The good thing is that when it's gone, it's gone!

But keep a picture in your head...next year, that's you in that tiny little tankini. Or, go for broke and pick out a bikini that you will truly rock!

Holler if you have any questions or need help. Folks here are friendly :).

mhoffe 07-06-2011 11:46 PM

You are going in the right direction now and since you have been an athlete in past you can surely get there again. Your body has memory too, and as soon as you start to challenge it, it will react very quickly and remember how great it felt being fit. I have found lifestyle change is the key. Goals for big events are great but you need to keep it up for you afterwards as well... because you are worth it!

It is such an exciting time for you...good luck with your journey, we are all travelling the same road to wellness! You can do this!

Michele

almeeker 07-06-2011 11:46 PM

Good luck honey and welcome to the forum. Personally I think it's great that you're nipping the problem in the bud now. I waited until I'd been married 10 years :eek:, and needed to lose like 100 pounds! 28 pounds is totally do-able by October. You'll have to be dedicated and workout pretty much every day, but it's very possible, and it sounds like you have the fire lit already.

mdeleonibus3 07-07-2011 03:09 PM

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Today was day #1, and it wasn't difficult..I really enjoy being able to visually see what percentage of my meals are proteins, carbs, fats, etc by utilizing the food journal...I eat wayyyy too many carbs. I never knew or paid attention to carbs that much, because as an athlete, carbs are your friends :) Not so much anymore!

I am so glad to be able to be apart of this journey with you all.

All the best,
Michelle

01gt4.6 07-07-2011 04:13 PM

Michelle, we're glad to have you here. Hey I wanted to thank you for posting this. Reading it sent me back to one of my old videos. I know that I've been slacking some but this reminds me that I need to put forth a better effort. Thanks