Not new but rejoining (went MIA for a while) = food help >

Not new but rejoining (went MIA for a while) = food help

Community
Notices

Not new but rejoining (went MIA for a while) = food help

Old 06-08-2011, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Not new but rejoining (went MIA for a while) = food help

Hello everyone! Can anyone tell me if my I am doing this right?

Today I am around 22% fat, 39% protein, 40% carbs, 1,026 Cals- that will be up until dinner unless I add in a banana. What frustrates me that most of my carbs are veggie/fruit based. I may add in fat free ricotta cheese and sugar sub later to bump up my protein as a snack.

Yesterday 27% fat, 38% protein, 35% carbs 1,569 Cal

Monday 27% fat, 34% protein, 39% carbs 1,273 Cals

All three days had 45 mins of moderate exercise (nothing insane just treadmil walking 3.5 on 3 incline, speed walking on a track or elliptical)

I want to make sure nutritionally I am okay and I will drop some weight because I am considered obese.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

What fruits and veggies are you eating?
Old 06-08-2011, 05:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

There's nothing inherently wrong with carbs. I tend to keep about a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat mix which has worked well.

The big question about will you or won't you lose weight is "are you burning more calories than you take in"? With the info you've given us, we don't know. You need to calculate your average daily calorie burn, then choose a level of calorie intake that will provide a good daily calorie deficit. Of course, the trick is to balance the amount of the deficit--it needs to be high enough to provide the desired speed of weight loss, while at the same time being low enough that you are not constantly hungry (and thus prone to give up or "cheat").

The actual mix of your calories is highly personal--many people respond better to various levels of carbs/protein/fat. You need to adjust these to what is best for you.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-08-2011, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RENOAK
What fruits and veggies are you eating?
Red peppers, celery, mushrooms, onions, string beans and today I added 1/4 corn in the mix. Oh and lettuce, tomato and cucumbers.

I just realized by putting a general mixed veggie it was much HIGHER then me entering every food separately but how much I put into the pan. Got very different results and I am happy to say I can have a piece of whole wheat bread today (thank god) with my dinner.

I am burning more then taking in from what this is telling me. On average I burn about 275 calories working out (4 days a week) on top of the daily burn.

If I can drop an average of 2lbs a week I would be happy. I do plan on one day of the week to eat near 2,000 calories (sunday) but still keep up with my exercise or go for that extra walk. I hope I am doing this right its only been a few days. I guess I will tell on Monday when I weigh in.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Your veggie list sounds pretty good to me.
I agree about entering items separately to get more accurate results. Pain in the behind but it works!
I myself do better with lower carbs so I don't (or rarely) eat corn or potatoes and am careful about what fruits I eat (no bananas).
Getting enough protein is very important to make sure you are losing fat and not lean body mass.
Exercise is good for you but the diet is key for weight loss.
Good luck!