hai all..
my name is Debora..and i am new here..
i need support to lose my weight...
Old 04-22-2011, 10:06 PM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=debora_tiur;44500]hai all..
my name is Debora..and i am new here..
i need support to lose my weight...
Hi Debora) ive just signed up here today,and im looking for support also,as im trying to lose my weight at home along with my daughter who is 23 we are both working hard on our goal weights) hope you are doing great everything is possible if you want it badly enough
cheers from janeine
Old 04-23-2011, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard ladies, this is a great site and has really helped me over the last year. If you stick with it daily (even on the bad days) you can really learn a lot about yourself, which I think is key in long term weight loss and maintenance.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all,

I am in my mid-30s and have a 2 year old and a 1-year old. About 4 months after having my son, I wanted to lose the baby weight. I was carrying an additional 5 lbs and weighed in at 125 lbs; I just wanted to lose the 5 lbs and tone up. I ended up losing 18 lbs after doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred for 229 days (and counting...I'd like to do this as my daily routine forever. I switch up the workouts to work different muscles and combine with yoga on my "rest" day).

My stats:
July 2010 started working out
Weight: 125 lbs
height: 5 foot 5 inches
Goal weight: 120 lbs

Current stats at April 2011 after working out for 229 (nearly consecutive) days:
Weight: 107 lbs
Goal weight - I don't want to lose any more weight, I just want to keep building muscle!

After being pregnant or post-partum for 3 years, I have needed to re-learn how to eat healthy and how to take care of my body again. With limited time caring for two babies, I have been able to carve out 30 minutes to work out before my kids get up each morning.

On my "rest" day I usually do a yoga class. I'm a habit person and I feel less energized if I don't work out.

This is a great site - I'd also like to learn more about eating. We are SUPER HEALTHY eaters at our house, but living on a mostly vegetarian diet I think we all need more protein here, for one thing. And I can't get my toddlers to eat vegetables so I'm interested in recipes.... Plus, as a full-time mom, I probably need to get as much protein as I can. I try to eat 5-6 small meals a day but it's tough. I'm hypoglycemic (low blood sugar tendency) so I have to eat every 2 hours or so, and protein-packed meals and snacks are great for folks with low blood sugar. Anyway. That's where I'm at right now.

Good luck, folks! Harness your own power!

--stephanie