Notices

Happy Easter and it's day #1 HI!

Old 04-24-2011, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Happy Easter and it's day #1 HI!

a big hello. I am 40, female and starting my journey today. 244lbs. I have always been overwieght since i was 6 or 7. I hadn;t been under 200 lbs since i was 17. I was active but always overwieght and raised in a meat and potatoes type family. Have worked in the horse industry for many years. I never really let my wieght stop me from much.
Today I have been more sedentary,emotional and not quite liking myself. been like this for about 5 years. Seems like my emotional health spiraled down through the years. I was diagnosed diabetic in 97. high blood pressure, bad cholesterol. Am on insuline now.

i think I am not as concerened starting this journey with the losing of wieght as i am in being healthy, finding myself again, and making good changes to move away from the bad self image, being more social and being able to love myself again.

i hope possibly make friends here. Find understanding, share goals, share emotions, thoughts and ideas. even someone to kick my butt or motivate. you know keep me grounded. and hope to be able to help anyine in that same way. Never easy being alone especially starting something that can seem so daunting and overwhelming. ya know

well once again hello and Happy Easter.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay mlposten.

Have you come up with a plan yet?

Check out the threads in Weight Loss Tips and Women's Only Corner. There are several that offer the kind of support you are looking for so feel free to jump right in!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to FitDay. I'm almost 40 and can tell you that I feel better than I did a few years back.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Just take 1 day at a time. This site keeps you motivated! The food log is extremely helpful for me. Keeps you on track. Write down everything that goes in your mouth. The good, bad and ugly.

Good luck!! Everyone is really nice and helpful on here too!

~kim
Old 04-25-2011, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for the warm welcome and encouragement. I have a plan to change diet first and starting with at least 20 of walking a day. sticking to more raw foods but not all. Keeping my food journal everyday on here and a written one.
and thank you for directing mme to the womans corner. I got a chance to browse through it yesterday. I see the encouragement and support that is offered there.

LIVE, LOVE and LAUGH