Community
Notices

New here

Old 04-18-2011, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Talking New here

I am new to the forum. My name is Ezra Braden. I joined this site to track my calorie intake daily and I love it. At my heaviest I weighed in at 398lbs. I went down to 352lbs. after loosing insurance and not being able to treat my Type 2 Diabetes. I recently acquired insurance again and am proud to announce that instead of my sugar levels being in the 400 range they are not higher than 150 anymore. I also decided to make a change for a healthier life and today day 28 of my journey I am 335lbs. I have done this with diet and exercise. I created a website and blog Team-GetFit.com where I post daily and also hope to inspire others to take action to become healthier. I added a forum to share journeys and inspiration. Thats all for now!!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome and good job on your progress so far, this is a wonderful place for support. Logging daily really helps with the accountability factor
Old 04-20-2011, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Wow...that is an amazing story. I hope you keep us up to date on your progess....thats motivation for so many people. What do you do for excercise? Do you walk/run at all? I just started and I know I need to do physical activity but wondered what worked best for you? Good luck to you...I know you can do it
Old 04-20-2011, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Good for you for taking charge! It sounds like you've made great progress so far, and the blogging and writing down your feelings really does help! Stick with it, and we're all here to support each other!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by motomdrew
What do you do for excercise? Do you walk/run at all? I just started and I know I need to do physical activity but wondered what worked best for you?
First let me say thanks for the kind words and TOGETHER we ALL can do it! As I often tell people being 300 plus pounds I need to workout in order to be able to workout. So I started with DVDs low impact of course. I use medium and heavy resistance bands and have just recently purchased an exercise bike, again with low impact to my joints and knees. I have stopped eating 1500+ calorie MEALS !!! thats been a big help. You can follow my story and join my support group at Team-GetFit.com !! Its free so register and come get inspired. I also started my own forum there for support and inspiration (which is also the key to my success) its so hard to do it alone and I hope to inspire others to share their stories and information on my forum! Thnaks again!

Ezra