Notices

Just getting started....finally!

Old 04-11-2011, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Just getting started....finally!

I've been on Fitday for a long time, but never in a serious mode. I am almost 48, single mom, never married. I went to the doctor last week for a sinus infection and had gained 8 pounds since January. I was not a happy camper. I guess I think since I work out (sometimes) I should not be gaining. But I can't just maintain either, I need to lose at least 50 and probably 75.

SO....I think something finally clicked. I changed my eating habits starting last Friday. Trying to go the low carb route and see how it works for me. This is really the first time I have ever stuck with a change in how I eat. I am on day 4 and have lost 6 pounds.

I have logged my food for the last 4 days (a first) and I am a little concerned about the high amount of fat, but from what I have read that is ok.

My 2 biggest weaknesses are chocolate and potatoes.

I love the encouragement I see on here! I am hoping by logging in everday and reading the comments it will help me to stay on track.

Last edited by zahut; 04-11-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome zahut,
Glad to see that you are taking your diet seriously - you won't regret it! Check in to the women's corner from time to time, I think you will find lots of companionship there.

Pam
Old 04-11-2011, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Pam, I will do that.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! This site does offer some nice resources and lots of encouragement. It's great to see those first pounds come off so quickly - it is very motivating! You are off to a great start.

-Christy
Old 04-12-2011, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard, congratulations on your great start. I too love potatoes and chocolate, although I've never eaten them together on the same spoon...