Notices

New Start

Old 04-05-2011, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Smile New Start

Hi my name is Sheila. I'm 46 years old and new to this site. I'm very excited about starting my life to become thinner. I'm more determined than ever to loose weight. Thanks to my sister who has motivated me with her own success. I look forward to hearing from anyone with helpful tips.
Thank you
Old 04-06-2011, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Welcome...the best advice I can give is Cardio~protein and Water Zumba is awesome and fun Cardio
Old 04-06-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hello fellow 40-something female! Welcome to the forum, this is a great place to get motivation and advice. Here are some of the best tips I can offer:

Drink plenty of water 64 oz baseline + an additional 8 oz for every 10lbs you want to lose.

Get lots of exercise, according to a friend of mine women our age need 60 minutes of cardio 6 times/week. I think he's a little nuts but when I get in that much exercise, I do lose weight. Weight lifting is also a great way to help reduce that under arm flapping business. Where in the world did that come from anyway?

Lots of protein, 35-40%, especially if you're working out pretty much daily.

Lots of fresh, raw fruits and veggies.

Get cooking, processed food is bad for you.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks KAG123: Zumba looks liked allot of fun, but I'm affraid to try it because I get out of breath so easily. Also, I have no rythem, LOL
I'm going to start off walking everyday during my lunch and work my way up. I do want to try it though
Old 04-06-2011, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you ALMEEKER: Wow, you've done very well. Congrats on loosing so much
I definately stopped buying processed food. I've been having about 34% of protein a day and lots of veggies and some, not much, simple fruits that are low in sugar. I started this a few days ago and I've already lost weight, I think water weight. I started out weighting 231.6 and looking forward to loosing much more. I've been working on more water. My daily intake was about 8oz and now I'm up to 48oz, working on getting more in.
thank you for your support
Old 04-06-2011, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

Well I don't have much rythem either that is why I do the video in the privacy of my own home...Too be honest the getting out of breath, yes it happens and when you are doing it by yourself no one knows if you are really keeping up with them!! You can still get all the moves in and work up to the speed desired as long as it gets the heart pumping should be all for good. After doing it for a while my two left feet are starting to become a left and a right one, I think Zumba helps with the confidence which most of us lack when we are over weight and trying to lose it. Stay positive!!