Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie

Hi all! I'm brand new to FitDay, so I'm excited to jump right in.

A little about me...my name is Angela. I own a skin care manufacturing company. I have 3 crazy dogs and a sometimes crazy husband.

I've been following Atkins on and off for a couple of years but keep falling off the wagon - not because I miss junk food, bread, potatoes or pasta so much (well, maybe the pasta) but because I miss fruit and sometimes whole grains. How sad is that? Plus, I'm not much of a meat or fat eater, so I find myself limited to salads and grilled chicken most of the time. I do believe that Atkins can work - it worked for me in the beginning and my mother lost 45 lbs but I just don't think it's for me.

Anyway (enough about that)....I'm ready to start a new chapter. I'm a pretty smart girl so common sense tells me that WHOLE foods, instead of processed...not too much fat....not too much sugar (I've been off sugar for 2 years anyway), etc...along with drinking lots of water and a healthy dose of exercise should get me where I want/need to be.

I've been about *this* close to joining Weight Watchers for a little while now but I'm not entirely sure that I absolutely need to do that...as long as I can keep my motivation up and have some accountability...that's important, I think.

That's where y'all come in. I think having a sense of community can help...and I've got a great network of friends who I know I can count on as well.

Nice long introduction I'll see y'all around!

~Angela
Old 03-31-2011, 10:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Angela, welcome to FitDay and the forums!

What you describe is exactly what I do, and it's worked rather well, if I do say so myself .

If you have any questions or need any help with the site, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Michael