FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   I am new here! :) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/3742-i-am-new-here.html)

sopranosgirl27 03-18-2011 08:09 AM

I am new here! :)

I am a mother of 4 (13yr, 11yr, 4yr, & almost 2yr)

I have always lost the baby weight but now that I am creeping up to 200lbs fast...I am worried!

I have never been this heavy except when being pregnant! I am 5'8 and 33 yrs old.

I found this website today and I am excited! so far today I have eaten about 600 calories....the website is telling me that I should eat 1050 calories a day (is that wrong?) I want to lose 2lbs a week and my goal date is July 18th to be about 160lbs.

I am going to start walking first and gradually increase to more vigorous exercise, I just can't do it yet because I am over weight and out of shape, and its sooo hot here in Florida!

well I just wanted to say hi to everyone!

Jenny

01gt4.6 03-18-2011 08:25 AM

the calories it shows that you should eat is based on factors such as weight, lifestyle and your goal weight and time frame. Once you start burning more calories from walking, you'll have to consume more calories. My numbers seem to be accurate and without knowing your weight and activity I don't think anyone would be able to answer that for you.

The general rule of thumb is that you'd have to burn 500 cals/day more than you eat to lose 1 pound a week. So, in your case you'd have to burn a 1000 more per day than you consume.

sopranosgirl27 03-18-2011 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 40255)
the calories it shows that you should eat is based on factors such as weight, lifestyle and your goal weight and time frame. Once you start burning more calories from walking, you'll have to consume more calories. My numbers seem to be accurate and without knowing your weight and activity I don't think anyone would be able to answer that for you.

The general rule of thumb is that you'd have to burn 500 cals/day more than you eat to lose 1 pound a week. So, in your case you'd have to burn a 1000 more per day than you consume.

OK, Not active at all, 198lbs and 5'8, I want to lose 40lbs in 4 months ;)

sopranosgirl27 03-18-2011 11:00 AM

This is what I ate today

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...7/untitled.jpg

I feel good about todays meals!:D

mecompco 03-18-2011 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by sopranosgirl27 (Post 40272)

That looks pretty good, overall. Though personally I'd like to see more protein and a bit less carbs and fat.

If you can keep cals around 1000 and start a little walking I think you'll see the weight start to peel off. Don't forget to drink, within reason, as much water as you can (I do at least 1 gallon a day).

Regards,
Michael

sopranosgirl27 03-19-2011 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 40276)
That looks pretty good, overall. Though personally I'd like to see more protein and a bit less carbs and fat.

If you can keep cals around 1000 and start a little walking I think you'll see the weight start to peel off. Don't forget to drink, within reason, as much water as you can (I do at least 1 gallon a day).

Regards,
Michael

Thank you Michael!

cjohnson728 03-19-2011 02:30 AM

Looks like you're off to a good start, Jenny. Hang in there and use the forums if you have any questions. I agree with Michael about the protein and fat, but everyone has their own ratio that works best for them.

Also, as you get more used to tweaking your food, try to get a bit more fiber in there as well. Recommended daily for women is 25 g.

But, one thing at a time; one step at a time. You're doing great!

Lifebeauty 03-19-2011 06:30 AM

New to the forum

:) I too am new. However I am only new to this forum. I have been using fitday since my surgery in November of 07. My daily blogging is on obesityhelp. Never paid attention to the forum site here, just journaled. I enjoy journaling as it keeps me honest. Right now I am following fitdays calorie intake for my weight loss goal.
Glad to be here.
Z

noelminneci 03-19-2011 09:32 AM

Hey Jenny, Welcome! I hope not to discourage you at the outset but I would never be able to sustain myself on so low a calorie level. I'd be flat out on the floor! Perhaps spend some time learning about nutrition from the get-go and make a plan that you can live with for the long term. I used to be a diet counselor and our program put women on 915 calories a day. Reading their charts, I noticed that these women almost always succeeded in the short term but then regained their weight and came back to us asking "why?" and blaming themselves. I respect you for setting out on this journey and hope you find a way that will allow for long-term success, not just a "diet."

All my best, and I do wish you well.
Noel

mrsboda 03-19-2011 10:58 AM

I am also new here, and enjoying reading the forums.
I started using part of fitday last spring, while participating in an online weightloss program, it was called Fitness Fantasy 2010. I loved it, and still using the meal plan I got from it. Some of the people that were involved suggested to come here and ck it out, which I did, but never really posted anything. Would love to find some of those people from last spring, because they were a big help, over some weight issues, and life issues.

Well, Jenny I think you are off to a great start, and I have to tell you, make sure you get your water in daily. I drink at least 2 Lts. a day, maybe more, and it helps me so much, I can tell by the scale when I didn't get the water in me.

Good luck to everyone here, and looking forward to getting to know you better.

Dawn