Notices

Need to lose 40lbs so I can have another baby!

Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Need to lose 40lbs so I can have another baby!

Hi everyone! I have been using fitday to count calories for the past few weeks and wanted to introduce myself to the forum. So my weight story...I was 140lbs at 5ft6 and happy with that. During my first pregnancy with my son we learned that he was going to have special needs and medical problems. I thought I was handling everything well but I went from 140 to 190lbs by delivery day. I also ended up with borderline gestational diabetes. I got down to 175lbs and that is where I stayed. During my 2nd pregnancy with my daughter I managed to only gain 15lbs and was again 190 on delivery day (and borderline gd). I went back down to 175lb right away and stayed there. My babies are now 3 and 1. We would like to try for another one but I want to be healthier and hopefully avoid GD this time. So I would like to get down to 135lbs by my 26th birthday in June. So far I have lost 5lbs thanks to fitday. This will also be a great tool to make sure I am only eating 300 extra calories during the pregnancy. I have peace about everything with my son and am in a good place to focus on me. Thanks for reading!
Old 03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tameyers
Hi everyone! I have been using fitday to count calories for the past few weeks and wanted to introduce myself to the forum. So my weight story...I was 140lbs at 5ft6 and happy with that. During my first pregnancy with my son we learned that he was going to have special needs and medical problems. I thought I was handling everything well but I went from 140 to 190lbs by delivery day. I also ended up with borderline gestational diabetes. I got down to 175lbs and that is where I stayed. During my 2nd pregnancy with my daughter I managed to only gain 15lbs and was again 190 on delivery day (and borderline gd). I went back down to 175lb right away and stayed there. My babies are now 3 and 1. We would like to try for another one but I want to be healthier and hopefully avoid GD this time. So I would like to get down to 135lbs by my 26th birthday in June. So far I have lost 5lbs thanks to fitday. This will also be a great tool to make sure I am only eating 300 extra calories during the pregnancy. I have peace about everything with my son and am in a good place to focus on me. Thanks for reading!
Hi tameyers,

It's great that you are taking control of your situation in order to be as healthy as possible for your pregnancy. I also started at 175 and my goal is 140 (maybe 135) so we pretty much have the same numbers. You can totally do it and you have a wonderful motivation!

Wish you the best on the journey ahead!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

That is a very smart decision to make for yourself and the health of your next baby ... also for being able to care for two young ones while pregnant too! I always said I would lose weight before attempting another baby because I was around 300 when my second was born. I never did it and now I can't so I am really pulling for you to do it!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tameyers
me 2 i have a 4 months old baby, and went from 128 to 174 lbs the last day of my pregnancy, when she was born i was in 160 and now im in 153.6 this morning.

my plan: fitday, gym, counting calories, quick slim, or any kind of those supplements, (that gives me energy)

i need to loss 30 more pounds, because i dont want to use my husband's t shirts anymore, i want my clothe back!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:10 PM
FitDay Member

Wow. You have done very well. I am just starting and thank you for the motivation you have just given me. I have about 50 lbs to lose. I am 53 have four grown up kids and never had weight problems until after they were into school. I started working again and a sit down job, stress, hormones, joint pain now and of course a sweet tooth did me in. Nows its really hard for me to get past the first 3 lbs but fitday is fantastic. I think its the greatest idea and will be thinking of you and others I have met on this discussion board as I meet each day. LW