Notices

New Here, not to this though.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default New Here, not to this though.

Hello everyone. I have been using fit day for about a month now and am finding it an excellent tool. I need to lose around 100 pounds, again! This will be the 5th time I have done it, and hopefully the last. Every time I lose a bunch of weight something happens that sends me back to the old eating habits to relieve the stress of the situation. I lost 100 pounds as a reward to myself for my 50th birthday. I was so proud of my self I decided to dump a 34 year pack a day habit of smoking. I did that, but gained 50 pounds back. Then my marriage of 30 years crashed and burned and I gained another 50 pounds during that hard year of going through it and the court dates, etc. So here I am, weeks away from my 55th birthday, right back where I was 6 years ago. I have already lost 36 pounds, I have wonderful support from my children and friends, so....... once again, I am doing the weight loss thing. The differences from last time are that both the smoking and wife are already gone. Perhaps I can keep it off this time. I am seeing a hypnotherapist once a month and that sure helps, no more stress eating at all, all sorts of positive benefits from that. So, I guess that's all for now.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Good for you taking charge and getting this done! This is my third time at the major weight loss rodeo (lots of quicker trips--50 pounds here, 75 there in between, of course).

Sounds like you're doing pretty well already--keep up the good work. As you know, you can get rid 100 pretty quickly if you get serious.

Keep us posted as to your progess. If you like, check in to the 100+ Pounds to Lose thread over in Diet Tips. We'll also have a new lose 10% of your body weight challenge starting up on 4/1 if that interests you.

Regards,
Michael