Notices

Getting back to running

Old 03-01-2011, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Getting back to running

I stumbled upon this website and think it is a gem!! I started the year off working out everyday for an hour not really paying much attention to the diet other than the basics of staying away from fried, sugar, and bread. But once I got sick it all went out the window and after a month reprieve I'm back to the basics yet again

However, yesterday was the first day and it went pretty well , hard but well and I feel good for sticking to my guns. Its always about making the time for it all because lets face it an hour to workout and the time to prepare good foods is hard to set aside until you get used to it.

Im looking forward to getting back in shape again, to be able to run a half marathon by September is the goal (Disneyland half- marathon!! to be exact) and to drop 35 pounds by July. Its a rough goal but totally acheivable and I feel like this website might be the missing key. The more food you have to enter the less you want to eat it because it takes too much time to enter it all.

Look forward to updating you all in a week with success , keep our fingers crossed!!

Starting weight 2-28: 165.6
Goal Weight 7-8: 130
Height: 5'3" Size: 10 looking to be a 6 !
Cuz I just don't wanna lose the curves
Old 03-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to FitDay! Have you ever ran a 1/2 before? I have my next 1/2 in Sept. as well.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

I have not run a half yet. I have participated in some 10ks and I trained for a half about a 1.5 ago and got up to about 10 miles. So it is possible but I haven't gotten there yet.

Its something I have always wanted to do, so I hoping to stick to it this time. I think this website and all the options they offer for tracking progress will really help. Its like a reporting agent.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

have you ever been to mapmyrun? It's a great site to map and log routes. It also keeps a running total and will calculate yor pace for you.

You know you'll finish so do you have a goal time in mind?
Old 03-02-2011, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

I'm thinking around 12:30- 13:30 a mile average for the 13 miles. I want to set the goal lower so that I don't hurt myself as runners do by pushing a little too far and injuring themselves. But ultimately I think I am perfectly capable of getting to 11 to 11:30 a mile average.